Kickapoo River Browns 3-20-10

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Hit the Kickapoo outside of my hometown of Wilton, Wi again. Don’t have anymore spinners so I used what worked lastime. Just a 1/16th oz jig and half a gulp minnow. I would say I caught around 20 trout the 2 hours I was out. Pulled two or three out of every hole I fished. Just before I left I decided to throw a couple more casts. Low and behold I pulled out the biggest trout of my life. I would guesstimate it to be at 23 inches. Just as I was reaching to grab the camera the dang thing flopped back in the water. I have never seen such a silver brown trout in my life. Anybody know why it was so silver?

JonnyMayz
    Hastings,MN

Nice trout. The color could be due to several factors. Water depth, water purity, forage, type of Brown whether scottish or german brown, sex of the fish, just to name a few. I have caught very silvery browns almost looking like rainbows w/out the pink stripe. Is it open season to keep fish in WI or is it all C&R right now? I almost hopped across the border and bought a WI license and stamp today but wasn’t sure if it was open seaqson yet

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

It’s catch and release until the first saturday in may. One thing to point out is that barbless hooks are no longer a requirement in the early catch and release season.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.