Western WI Stream report 3-29

• ozzyky
    On water

This years early season has not been as good to me as in years past but with each outing things are starting to improve. The main factor is the water temps. The trout just haven’t been as active with the cold weather. My Saturday was tied up with work and a wedding to attend. Driving home from the wedding on Sat. night the wind was howling good and I was becoming discouraged because I only had a few hrs. Sunday morning to get out and fish. My buddy called and said let’s skip the bite because it was suppose to be really windy Sun. morning. I agreed and the bite was off. Then as I contiuned driving home I noticed more and more deer crossing and moving around than normal for the time of night. So I called him and said I think the bite may be on with the front coming and a chance of rain in the morning. We went out and braved the wind which made casting a little more difficult. When fishing with artificials for trout I believe that accurate casting improves your odds greatly. (granted that’s true for alot of stlyes of fishing) We fished from 7-9am. The trout were still not as aggressive as I would have liked but they were willing to bite but the presentations that were taking the trout were very slow. Spinners took alot of the smaller trout which has been the case all season. Some of our better trout were taken on plastics. In total we landed 14 browns. Here are some pics. of the better browns taken. Some of the fish we caught were pretty beat up.
    The last brown in the pics. is from a previous outing and is our biggest so far this season.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Great report, I need to return to trout fishing this year even if it is just a couple times.

Ron

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

great browns!!

makes me want to get back in touch with the long grass and skinny water, some great fun to be had in the streams.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Great report, I need to return to trout fishing this year even if it is just a couple times.

Let’s do it Pal!

Rootski

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Great pics Ozzy!!!

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.