Trout or eyes?

• ozzyky
    On water

Last night I had an offer for some pool 4 walleye fishing or I could stick with my orginal plan and go after some trout w/ another buddy. Well from everything I had been hearing about how slow pool 4 was I opted to stay after the trout. My partner and I ventured to a stream that receives heavy pressure and we usually only fish it on the weekdays. Even on the weekday you’ll find some heavy pressure when weather is nice. Today was no different. We ventured to an area of the stream that doesn’t have as many trout and receives less pressure. This was our first time fishing this section of the stream and we were rewarded nicely. We caught lots of fat healthy browns in the 12-14 inch range with a couple pushing 18+. My partner also brought the video camera along and we captured some awesome live action footage. There were also many times that we would have doubles together too. That would have been fun and we may find someone to come out next time and just take footage. (We have a few friends that are more into technology than fishing so this could be a possibility) A variety of techniques worked for us (raps, spinners and jigs) I think the front that was coming in really turned the fish on. As for my buddy that went walleye fishing well he had success too, catching a few eyes and quite a few saugers After this coming weekend my focus will be on the eyes for a week or so and then I’ll be chasing bronze backs and green carp. (I already should be) Good luck and get out and take advantage of these abnormal spring temperatures. Looks like back to normal for temps next week.

ozzyky
    On water

Last photo towards dusk. Some other nice fish were taken on video camera too!

lunzer
    Burnsville, MN

Great report. Thanks.

You’ve got me pumped to get out there.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Ozzy- Looks like you made the right choice. Those are some georgeous fish. Great Job.

John

BomberA

Nice fish, now lets carry that success into the green carp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.