Green River Trout

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Sometimes fishing success can be very hard to define. Today was one of those days!

Started out fishing the Green River in SW Wisconsin at the break of dawn. I decided to start with a copper Super Bow spinner. On this day it seemed every pool had at least one cooperative brown trout. The fish were very aggresive but ranged in size mostly from around 10 to 15 inches. Most fish came from the rapids although a few were caught in the stiller water in the deeper part of the pools. All in all probaly over 20 trout were caught with at least that many lost. The down side of the day was losing the biggest trout I have ever hooked. The big rainbow just mauled my Super Bow as soon as it settled in the water. After over a minute battling the beast he took off through the rapids and while trying to turn him lost him. Oh well, I had the pleasure of tussling with him for a minute anyway and… I know where he lives!! Below is a typical brown caught this day.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Awesome, birdman !!! Back in the day, I use to do some of the grant county streams too. Getting to come back and meet up with a bruiser was one of my favorite things to do…I love the picture, keep’m coming…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.