3/10/06 Trout Report

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I fished an area stream yesterday for a couple hours to see if i could kick off my trout season for 2006 on a good note. Last weekend was the opener for those of you who didn’t know. Well it was a pretty fun time, and i managed to catch 7 trout. the biggest was only 10 inches or so and it was a brown. The rest were all very small brooks. i didn’t have any of the usual rooster tails so i tried a gitzit ice jig with a chartruse ratso on it. it worked great for swimming and twitching, keeping it hovering off the bottom. It did quite well, but the bigger fish were able to get off due to the small hook i believe. I lost 3 trout that would have been very nice yesterday so that was a bummer. All in all, it was a great time, and a great way to beat the bass spring fever!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

heres my brown..notice the little pink jig.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

and here is one of the 6 small brookies I caught. one hole produced 4 of these little buggers!

ozzyky
    On water

Nice pics! Glad to see there is some trout fishing interest on this site. I’ve been out about a half dozen times so far this year. I just got the set up necessary to upload pictures so I will post some photos as soon as I can. 18 1/2 brown is my biggest so far.

BomberA

Nice fish Cade!

Here are some pics from ozzyky and I from a few weeks back including his 18 incher. Gotta love the snow action shots

This ones starting to develop a little hook-jaw

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

bomberA:

Great pics of some great fish!!! Beautiful colors and the snow in those shots makes them even better!!!

Mark

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

nice fish. I got a 20″ brookie that has a hook jaw. the thing is huge, and brook trout have to be the ultimate best looking fish i have ever caught before. Truely magnificent coloration.

BomberA

I would give my left you know what for a 20 inch brookie. Did you get a mount or replica of it. That would be a beautiful wall piece.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.