County K Stoddard Wisconsin….BIG TROUT

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Yesterday, My friend and I went up county k near Stoddard to do some trout fishing in the nearby Creek. It started out really slow, ’cause all we had were spinners: they simply werent going after it. But after about five holes and seeing about 20 small trout. We decided that we were going to try one more hole. This hole is very unique because it is basically a dam of logs. upstream from the logs there was a nice size hole with a gravel bottom. Once again, we could see tons of small trout and chubs darting up and down the stream. But the majoraty of the fish were tucked under this log jam. You absolutely had to make a perfect presentation to even have a chance. My friend Cody Hackett made the perfect pitch right under the trees and as he did i complemented him on it. Before i could get all of the words out there was a jerk of his rod and he said whoa theres one. I thought he was full of it, or he just had one of those small ones on. But he actually raked in a 17 inch trout. This shows how good these times can be for some big trout like this one. Sorry I dont have a picture of it but i can tell you it was a nice one. And the colors on it were awesome. I didnt get to experience that tug on my line but hopefully i will when i try again today!

Keep your lines tight!
    Cade

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

That’s sweet, Cade. I’m trying to think where you’re talking about on County K?

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Nice report, bigfish, what kind of spinners do you throw for trout? Down here it’s mostly Panther Martins and Rooster Tails.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

We were throwing imitation rooster tails, but you would never notice the diference.. My friend caught the trout on a white bucktail, but i went the next day and caught a ten inch trout on a black bucktail. The stream goes up the valley,all the way up county K, and it is the only real good stream around, although there are lots of tributary streams that meet up with it as you go upstream. They were finicky fish, but they were everywhere!
    tight Lines,
    Cade

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Any of you in the coulee region down there ever fish Timber Coulee Creek?

bigfish251

so cade i hear that u got a big on. but the one that u got is not even close to a wall mounter so i would not was your money to get it done. umm y do u still have it anyway it is catch and realse.

keep it going willy

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

it was in a neighbors pond, the regulations that you are thinking of are for stream trout…..but you know you can think what ever you want willie!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.