trout

• HFP
    Alma WI

just wondering how everybody has been doing?.. im fish the buffalo county area and this yr has been pretty disapointing for me…

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

just thought I would take a second to say Hi, and welcome to the board, I have a real good friend that is from alma as well….. maybe you know him… his name is Jed Kennedy…. I coach basketball with him….. he keeps telling me that he is going to go fishing with me but he never shows up….. I don;t know about them alma people they are a different breed, I live on a good trout stream i guess… it’s called the isabelle creek…. fished it a couple times floating a crwler… but I look like a turd in a punchbowl…. it gets overrun by minnesota fellas coming over with fly rods (I think they make fun of me)….I guess it is a pretty good creek…. I have only cought them about 17, 18 inches at the best…. brown trout,,,,, first time I ever fished them was last year… I wont admit it to my cat buddies though!!! good luck to you I hope the trout fishing picks up……

JimW
    SE MN

Hey there,

This has been one of my best years for size of fish! Numbers haven’t been there, but that simply relates to the water I fish, being nondesignated! I plan to hit a few more popular streams in the near future!

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

I have been getting great trout action this year, the numbers have been good although not as great as other years, but the size of fish has more than made up for that.

I have been mostly on the Root, with the best results coming from below Preston. I have been using spinners.

HFP
    Alma WI

hey mavzer actually i know jed great! i go and stay at his dorms a couple times a year, ask him bout me sometime… i will talk to u later im in school right now

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I will and goodluck with school…. see you on the river….

SlimFishin
    Nelson Wisconsin

I fish in buffalo county to and didnt have much luck either, what streams do you fish cody

HFP
    Alma WI

I like to fish the little waumandee, and trout creek. Both have usually produced for me, i also hit the beaver dam back by our farm, usually slay em out there, nota fish this yr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.