Super Bow Spinners

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Decided to try out some of smtroutchasers Super Bow spinners today. Switched back and forth between Rapalas, Rebel Wee Rs, and the Super Bows. On this day the Super Bows kicked my beloved Rapalas butt. I think “chaser” is really on to something with the bigger blade on his spinner. For that heavy of a spinner you can fish it incredibly slow in the current. Because of the weight it casts easily also. Any of you trout fisherman out their who have not tried this spinner do yourself a favor, order one today!

Caught around 30 trout today with the biggest going 21 inches. Water was a little murky today. It will be interesting to see how the Super Bow performs on clear water.

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Thanks so much birdman!

I have put more research and testing into the Super Bow than meets the eye. I believe that you will be very happy with its performance in clear water, but for a real treat try it on the back side of a flood when the water clears to golden. 100 plus catches are more than possible.

Once again Thank you birdman, and also to all of the rest of you folks who have been sending me similar e-mails.

John Eggers

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

How do you think they would work casting to trout in a lake? They sure look good and I will be ordering some for river fishing but I have a lake near work that the DNR stocks rainbows and browns in.

JimW
    SE MN

Birdman!! Wow a 21 incher! Very nice fish!! Make sure you post the pic’s here!!!

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Jim W

primitiveman
    Buffalo County, WI

What’s the availability of these spinners? Can you by them at local baitshops? Mail order? Internet?

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Jim, I hardly ever carry a camera with me while fishing streams or while fishing the Mississippi. Someday I might regret not keeping a rememberance of some of my better fish. The 21 incher was a rainbow and I have a feeling it might be the same fish I caught a couple of weeks ago. Right now he’s residing in a mandatory Catch and Release section of the stream so hopefully he’ll stick around for awhile.

JimW
    SE MN

A rainbow? Wow that just adds to my WOW!!! THat is more rare than a 21 inch brown! I would have loved to seen it!! NIce fish anyway!!!

Jim W

primitiveman
    Buffalo County, WI

Thanks for the link. Guess I should check out the outlet store more often.

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

BlueFin;

The Super Bow should work well for you in a lake or pond, The Big Bow may be a better choice. Keep in mind that trout in lakes and ponds tend to go deep except in the evening and mornings. Try casting way out and letting your spinner sink clear to the bottom, then retreive slowly. I found taht this method worked well while fishing from a canoe in the small lakes in the Black Hills.

John Eggers

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

birdman;

I gotta add a ! WOW ! to Jim’s WOW!,

You are going to have to get a camera!

I not advertising here, but the one I carry is a very inexpensive digital that only set me back about $49. Now I see that Wally World has some with LCD view finders for around $54.

John Eggers

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

You can order these spinners EFN outlet store, look under B-Fishn-Tackle.

You may also purchase them at Angler’s Nook Bait and Tackle, in Lancaster WI.

OR Magnum Sports in Chatfield MN.

John Eggers

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Digital cameras for around 50 dollars? I always figured they would be around 2 or 3 hundred dollars. The big rainbows were probaly stocked by one of the hatcheries this spring. I know a few people have already caught and kept some of them. I would much rather land one of those elusive 22 inch browns that have escaped me so far this year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.