That Magical Feeling

• LenH
    Wisconsin

Went out this morning to just walk some streams. The winter has been much too long and I needed some time outside.

It seemed very awkward to be on the stream without a pole in my man. I managed to scout 2 new stretches. One stretch I had wanted to scout for quite some time. It was a nice walk. The stream was too skinny and the trout were far and few and almost nonexistent. Log book entry already made about that stretch.

The second place I scouted was a little better and the trout gods were smiling on this stream. A return trip with a rod in hand is in order.

On the was back to the vehicle it began to spit snow and the area was a little hazy. It seemed magical. The snow was gently hitting me in the face and my beard was icing up a little. I couldn’t help but smile the entire way back to the vehicle.

I truly love the outdoors and miss my quiet time on the stream.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I understand exactly what you mean. There’s a “sound” to the silence that is hard to explain. Equally as much, I love taking a hike through my woods when it snows. A sense of serenity that is hard to find!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Beautiful Len! Finding some nice antlers would have been icing on the cake.

dd

chucklofgren

“It seemed very awkward to be on the stream without a pole in my man.”

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

I really hope that was a typo,

LenH
    Wisconsin

typing when stupid as charged.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.