trolling??

• Chris Hazen

Hey guys and gals of indepth I was wondering if any of you guys have any tips / set up of the boats you troll with. I finally got my boat fully functional but I have never trolled before. What kind of things do i need in order to troll. Also tips and tricks that will help a rookie.

Thanks,
    Chris

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Where are you located ?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nothing special here. Did put all the rod holders away so they can not be used. Tillers are great for trolling. Fishing pole in one hand. Motor arm in the other. Wont find better boat speed control control.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Chris,

What sized motor and boat? Kicker motor? Electric trolling motor? What are you fishing for and where do you want to fish?

Answer that, and you’ll have your answers.

ET

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’ll second the rod in hand, but, I don’t do any open basin trolling….yet. Seems some rod pumps here and there will trigger bites and constantly adjusting to bottom is easier.

Number one key for myself is to zig zag the structure. If you are getting fish on the turn you know to maybe slow down, straights speed up, and where the lure is when they hit, deeper part of the structure or shallow.

Focus on how the fish are hitting the lure. Back treble, middle, bc engulfing it is the goal. Randy Weiland put a real nice seminar video on here of this and has put more fish in my boat. Small adjustments will trigger bites.

I also find myself back trolling whenever possible, more control and easier to keep lines out of the motor with the kids or rookie in laws )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.