Trolling Motor Question

• Ralph Bechtold

I have a 2019 Adventure Tiller.

I want to add an electric trolling motor to the bow. My question is, do the female plugs on trolling motors vary from one manufacture to another or are they all using the same type.

I am asking because I’d prefer not to change my plug on my boat. The less I delve into electronics the better.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

My Terrova just had connections for direct-to-battery. I clipped those off and transferred the plug to the trolling motor wires no issue.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

The plugs can be different but the wiring is still the same. You can replace the motor plug with the one that matches your boat plug provided the boat plug is rated for the appropriate amount of amps.

Ralph Bechtold

Thanks very much for your replies. It’s a bit confusing for me (which is normal!) because I’ve never tackled a project like this.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Thanks very much for your replies. It’s a bit confusing for me (which is normal!) because I’ve never tackled a project like this.

If you’re talking a 12-volt motor, it’s pretty simple. Red is positive and black is negative. If you’re talking a 24V or 36V motor, the batteries need to be connected in series. That’s a little more complicated.
    Put your location in your profile. Chances are someone in your area would be willing to help you out with your installation.

Ralph Bechtold

I’m thinking about 12 volt since my Lund is somewhat light and to help keep it simple.

I edited my profile so I hope my location will show now. Thank you Ron.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.