Treestand visitors

• hillhiker
    SE MN

About a week ago I had this little guy try coming up my tree. He ended up sitting under my tree for quite a while.

I had never seen a fischer until a few years ago when I started getting a couple trail camera pics of them. Now it seems like I’ve seen them all through out the valley. Is anyone else seeing a increase in their population in SE MN? They’re definitely fun to watch when they’re hunting squirrels up in the trees !

Attachments:
    1. 20200921_181526.jpg

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Good thing he didn’t make it up to your stand they can be very voracious.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The last time I bear hunted I had Pine Martens that would steal bait and take it into the tree next to my stand and enjoy it. This morning at 5 am I was getting ready to hit the river and had 8 deer walk right past the house on the sidewalk. 40 feet from me. I think we don’t see half of what is out there when we are.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve seen a couple in Cass County where I deer hunt. They run like a slinky. A rare sight indeed.

Brad Dimond

We have some where we hunt in St. Louis County. It’s entertaining to watch them stalk the red squirrels – I always root or the fisher. They also will feed on the gut pile if you are fortunate enough to shoot a deer. Very cool animals.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I get a few on trail cam, and have watched 4-5 bounce through the woods last couple years. Deer area 214.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I get attacked by porcupines every year. I have three that hang in the oaks where I deer hunt…I learned the hard way to look up before climbing that stand.

fishingchallenged

I get attacked by porcupines every year. I have three that hang in the oaks where I deer hunt…I learned the hard way to look up before climbing that stand.

If you like the you are hunting in, you may want to “remove” those porcupine. The can kill a tree pretty quickly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.