travel on Mille Lacs 1-6-23

• onestout
    Hudson, WI

Has anyone been out on the lake since the last snow? I was wondering if a wheeler would be able to get around or if it is tracked travel only now. Thought this would be the year I was able t oget back out there and try it but the snow is making things challenging.

Brittman

Look at the Mille Lacs resort FB pages. You do not need to be a registered FB user to access most pages on most computers. They are starting to plow further out, but some are limiting vehicle traffic. Sounds like a wheeler and portable would be a good choice

Next two days of cold should help a bit.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I do read the resort pages but they are busy plowing and moving houses and not actually out moving around on the lake, hoping for input from someone that was out there trying to fish.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was out there out from Garrison all day yesterday. Not letting trucks out yet but it wasn’t too bad with snowmobiles. Definitely bring chains if you are going to use an ATV. The snow where we were was anywhere from 3-8 inches deep in spots and there are a lot of drifts.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I imagine the west side would be better right now. Seen a fair amount of traffic in general but that was before the recent snow. I am heading up that tomorrow to a smaller area lake and leaving the wheeler at home and using my uncles snowmobile.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I’m out here now out of beachside and off road travel would be challenging without tracks or sled. I’m in a plowed spot in the wheelhouse

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I’m out here now out of beachside and off road travel would be challenging without tracks or sled. I’m in a plowed spot in the wheelhouse

I was out poking around in my Can Am today and talked with Ben. He hasn’t bothered to put a plow on either of his 2 SxS because they will just get stuck.

munchy
    NULL

Red door closed their access today for likely the next week. Only open to registered guests and atv/sxs/snowmobiles.

Ripjiggen

It was only open to atv sxs sleds in first place. They had a truck break through less than a week ago. It’s closed to all vehicle traffic now for the weekend.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.