The circle got bigger!!

• TeamBurbot

Coyote #2 from behind the house this morning. Just another smaller coyote but it sure has been nice catching a few of these dogs. But with the rain last night it sure was a sloppy mess so I had to move the set over about 10 yards. This was my remake of the new spot hopefully ill get to make a new circle soon. Sorry the picture was not grey I only had my phone one me.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Did you bed it with pete moss with the went conditions? Nice work btw!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Gol dang it I’m jealous of you. Great Job!!!!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Just curious – Lure or bait?

TeamBurbot

I mix up really dry dirt and a salt mixture during the summer and use that it’s sheds water pretty good

TeamBurbot

Quote:

I have been using cavens Hiawatha valley bait and a call lure but the label fell off last season and I can’t remember the brand but its a gland bass lure . I think the call lure really sparks up the curiosity . Ill try to find out what it is cause I want more myself.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Around here I need to mix it up a lot. Besides a few recipes that were passed onto me, I’m a huge fan of Dobbins, Asa’s, and Hawbakers’ 200.

timmy

Quote:

Around here I need to mix it up a lot. Besides a few recipes that were passed onto me, I’m a huge fan of Dobbins, Asa’s, and Hawbakers’ 200.

X2 on Lennons lures. I also like Cavens Gusto as a call lure. Just a touch of it near the set(far enough so a caught critter can’t roll in it….lol. Then a squirt of fox pee at the set.

TeamBurbot

Quote:

Quote:

I have been using cavens Hiawatha valley bait and a call lure but the label fell off last season and I can’t remember the brand but its a gland bass lure . I think the call lure really sparks up the curiosity . Ill try to find out what it is cause I want more myself.

The lure I have been doing is Mill creeks “long ranger” and I really like it

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

with the yotes on field edge sets like that how much backing do you go with? That is if any at all?

TeamBurbot

Quote:

with the yotes on field edge sets like that how much backing do you go with? That is if any at all?

I am no expert on trapping coyotes by any means. But the sets that have worked here the trap is slightly lower then the lip of the dirt hole, and for backing I just take corn stalks with the root system still attached and set those behind the hole. I think it looks natural, the sets don’t have a lot of eye appeal to them at all. I took a small turkey feather on one set and stuck it in the backing so it blew just slightly. I don’t know if that is a good or a bad thing to do but it seem to have worked for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.