A big surprise in a trap………..

• rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Was at Thanksgiving dinner at my nieces in Onalaska yesterday and heard that someone caught a LaCrosse County law enforcement officer in a coniber trap down at Goose Island. Anyone have any details??

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I heard that on the radio. It’s clearly a case of en”trap”ment…

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

The full story is here I’ll bet he has his cell phone with him all the time now!!

Ed

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

All I can say about this deal is, I am glad I was not that officer He will NEVER live this down and has been on the butt end of a lot of jokes from fellow officers
    The other night at the Fire Station we heard some of the things they have done to the officer already and they are hilarious

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I know very little about trapping but my question is, was the trap legal on dry land? I had heard that conibers up to a certain size were legal to set on land. After that size they had to be water sets so “Mrs. O’Malley’s” cat or dog didn’t get caught.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I didn’t see where it was said to be a conibear.

But there are special WI regs regarding dry land sets for conibears. They are legal to use though.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The trap in question was a jaw trap set for coon.
    As far as the body grip trap laws go, we are allowed to use up to a 160 without having to have it in an enclosure. The 220’s can be used on land, but they have to be in a bucket or a box that provides openings no greater than 10 inches in height and 10 inches in width and is recessed a minimum of 15 inches from the enclosure opening.
    That is in place to protect dogs more than cats though.
    The set that caught the officer was a legal set, he just happened to step in the wrong place.
    The big joke is why he was unable to get himself out

jeff_hansen

I still don’t get how he got snagged up in that trap… back in the day the old timers used to wire a couple of big C clamps to their bear traps in case an unsuspecting individual stepped in their bear set. I guess this guy wasn’t so lucky?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.