Justice served on the trapline

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yesterday I had a thief steal a rat from one of my traps and I was not too pleased. The tale tell signs were left on the bank so I knew exactly who it was and I planned my attack.
    I set a #1.5 coil in front of the pocket rigged on a drowner set-up and then squirted the hole and bank with some fish oil.
    The plan worked to perfection and I had a really nice bandit waiting for me in the water this morning.
    But, the battle is far from over after todays check I found 3 more rats eaten this morning and they only left a little fur or the entrails on the bank. 1 of the thiefs even took the trap (second one this year ), but they at least left the stake on the bank
    I am also finding out that setting near beaver dens will result in chewed off stakes
    I have been using the drowner set-ups for coon for the first time this year and really liking them. They are a little more work to set-up, but well worth the extra time.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

You got him, good deal. I used to use a bean can filled with cement with an eye bolt in the top and then tied to the stake ring, then the drown wire run through it. They would work themselves down the wire and rarely come back up because they’d panic and drown too fast. Glad you got the culprit.

robby
    Quad Cities

Quit complaining, could have been mink stolen, not rats. LOL. Just kidding man.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

If I would have lost a mink. I think I would have gone sterile Mainly because I still have not caught a mink, ever Someday, I am going to get one, it is just a matter of time

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Mink are overrated. Except for that giant one I caught last year.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yeah, rub it in Would you like some salt to rub in as well

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

No, I’ll just use Mink Oil…

herb
    6ft under

Now Blue, be nice.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just found the “Trap Line” forum and your posts again Mike. Im not a trapper but your post and pictures are still very interesting to read. Keep up the good work and reporting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.