Transom Repair

• Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

The transom on my 97 Pro V is pretty much shot and need to have it repaired/replaced. I don’t know everything that needs replacing outside of the wood which I think is the main issue. Looking for potential referrals for a place to take it. Having someone at at the Boat Center in Chippewa look at it but would like to have a few backup plans if possible.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

1) You can send it to Lund.

2) Georges in East Bethel Mn.

3) Delano Mn. Sorry I forgot the name of the place.

Be sure it’s replaced with composite material and keep all documentation.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Anchor Marine in Delano. A fishing buddy had his 1800 ProV transom replaced there.

Franny
    Empire, MN

Oakland Boat Repair & Renovations in New York Mills. The guy used to work for Lund and specializes in transom replacement.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

I know that you can call Lund and order up a composite transom replacement now for most of there boats. It would be the correct shape, but you would have to add any holes to it once installed. Couple years ago when I had called it was around $800 for just the replacement composite board.

No idea if this guy does good work or not, but have seen this posting on Craigslist:

https://fargo.craigslist.org/boa/d/alexandria-transom-replacement-for-sale/7417193846.html

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Old thread but where did you end up going? Looking into a replacement.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Old thread but where did you end up going? Looking into a replacement.

Place in Chippewa Falls that was bought by American Marine. They did a great job

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I went to Anchor Marine in Delano and had some fiberglass work done on my keel where I kissed a rock reef. They did a excellent job on that and on installing a new keel guard. They also repaired (stretched) my rub rail, so so job on that. Had them buff the boat, poor job on that.

I guess I would recommend them as the price was better than I would have gotten at Georges. However the work at Georges is top notch although you do pay.

There is room in the industry for a small shop that will do quality work.

dbright
    Cambridge

I went to Anchor Marine in Delano and had some fiberglass work done on my keel where I kissed a rock reef. They did a excellent job on that and on installing a new keel guard. They also repaired (stretched) my rub rail, so so job on that. Had them buff the boat, poor job on that.

I guess I would recommend them as the price was better than I would have gotten at Georges. However the work at Georges is top notch although you do pay.

There is room in the industry for a small shop that will do quality work.

When it comes to George’s their price for aluminum is a premium but their work is mediocre. Fiberglass might be different.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve never had them work on a aluminum, only fiberglass.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.