Trail Cam With Manual Remote Photos?

• fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Is there a trail cam where you can manually take a photo from the app on your phone?

We’re building a house out of state, and I’d like to take a daily photo of progress, but to put it in a place where it will get triggered and still get a big enough image might be tough. So I wondered about a cam where I can initiate the photo remotely.

TIA.

Reef W

Tactacam Reveal X says “On-board Wi-Fi connects to APP for simple set-up and live view option with instant image capture”. Haven’t used one myself so don’t know the details, just remember seeing that.

Cheapest way to get a daily picture taken is something like regular Bushnell trail cam that has “field scan” where it takes pictures at intervals during scheduled time periods, no trigger needed. You’d have to go pull the card to get the pictures though.

On higher end something like Reolink Go PT Plus is a security camera that can use solar and cellular for live views from anywhere and can pan/tilt it remotely.

hdog3385

The wi-fi for the Tactacam Reveal X is only for setup in the field. You literally have to have your phone right next to it.

Reef W

The wi-fi for the Tactacam Reveal X is only for setup in the field.

That’s lame…

I found “Spartan GoLive” that says it does live streaming with cellular but it’s $499+data.

hdog3385

It’s alright for getting the camera setup exactly where you want it without using up your cellular data, that’s what they mean when they say “instant image capture”. But yeah, I think you’d have better range if it was bluetooth.

BDR

I have several cuddeback link cameras that can do that. Auto sends pictures to my email at intervals i choose. Have to pay for a data plan, but can connect 20+ cameras one one plan. Only need cell service where home camera is located.

WishIwasWiser

Is there a trail cam where you can manually take a photo from the app on your phone?

So I wondered about a cam where I can initiate the photo remotely.

Cuddelink does allow you to set “send photos” intervals but if OP is looking for a “take picture now” Cuddelink does not provide that. You CAN send a “take picture” command but it does not transmit to the home camera until the next “send photos” interval. In others words it’s not “live” photo capture. Also note you are getting thumbnails via cellular. Which are still pretty darn good on your phone. The full res pics stay on the SD card until you erase them.

Note: if you are pointing your camera at a home construction project you will be getting a heckofalot of pics!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I’ve been using Moultrie cell cams. You can designate a specific time you want a picture taken and sent in settings. But there isn’t a “Picture on demand” option.

Red Eye

The wi-fi for the Tactacam Reveal X is only for setup in the field. You literally have to have your phone right next to it.

I have 2 reveal x cams. You can set it up so you get a “test photo” sent to your phone daily. Basically it’s telling you that the cam is still working.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

If a trail cam has “plot mode” you can select specific times to take pics. I’ve had several different brands of cams with this option.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.