Tower blind windows sticking

• WishIwasWiser

For those of you who hunt/have hunted from tower blinds, what have you done to eliminate the sticking of the glass to the rubber gasket?

My thoughts of things to try are: a good cleaning of the glass with rubbing alcohol, or some sort of talc powder on the gasket material.

The sticking makes just enough noise when you open a window to scare a deer out of its skin.

I’m in a Muddy Bull.

Thx

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I leave my windows open most of the time unless it’s really windy

robby
    Quad Cities

What do you think about cleaning like you said with alcohol or Acetone and then spraying the tracks etc with Silicone? Not sure if Silicone freezes or not. I am guessing the propellent will evaporate and leave the silicone.

B-man

3in1 makes a lubricant specifically for rubberized seals, might be worth giving a shot

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Wipe the rubber seals with silicone lubricant. Then clean the windows and wipe the edge of the windows where they contact the seal with paste wax.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I had some scent free gun oil, worked great.

Red Eye

If u crack them open when you first get in the blind does it still stick later. I’ve seen this help

404 ERROR
    MN

Yep, any sort of lubricant is what I would always recommend on a Banks Blind. Spray silicone works best. Spray it liberally on a rag and wipe the bulb seal down good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.