Tow Speeds

• Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

This post came to mind last night. Was on 94 between the Dells and Madison south bound.

Came up on a guy hauling a atv, firewood, and misc stuff. Trailer was improperly loaded and it was bouncing like a ping pong ball. I don’t know how he maintained control. Looked like it was bouncing his rear end of his truck off the ground. I’m sure firewood had bounced out. Talk about creating a dangerous situation

As much as I hate the idea of more govt involvement, at time I wish some people had to go to “trailer school”. I drive much more than average so I’m more likely to see this crap frequently. Amazed that more people are not killed in the interstate

Randy, did you blow a call into the WI State Patrol so somebody could get him off the road?

HRG

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>
    This post came to mind last night. Was on 94 between the Dells and Madison south bound.

Came up on a guy hauling a atv, firewood, and misc stuff. Trailer was improperly loaded and it was bouncing like a ping pong ball. I don’t know how he maintained control. Looked like it was bouncing his rear end of his truck off the ground. I’m sure firewood had bounced out. Talk about creating a dangerous situation

As much as I hate the idea of more govt involvement, at time I wish some people had to go to “trailer school”. I drive much more than average so I’m more likely to see this crap frequently. Amazed that more people are not killed in the interstate

Randy, did you blow a call into the WI State Patrol so somebody could get him off the road?

HRG

I do all the time. Unfortunately in most cases they can only pull somebody over as an after the fact. Just because something might happen they don’t always follow up on it

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I do all the time. Unfortunately in most cases they can only pull somebody over as an after the fact. Just because something might happen they don’t always follow up on it

Good to hear! waytogo

On the other hand, further SB on 94, I’m pretty sure the IL State Police sent out a message that no enforcement would be done Sat afternoon, the pace in the left lane was off the charts,,,

HRG

milemark_714

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Wodziak wrote:</div>
    Have we covered the zipper merge yet?

Most people don’t have a clue what that is. It’s all about me me me

Add in roundabouts,and the fun really begins.

A few states out east have maximum posted speeds for vehicles with trailers,and that far left lane is off limits.WV will enforce that one.

A trip out east last month,I saw many road-killed trailers,and these were fairly new.Everything from shredded tires,missing fenders and a few that were jacked-up and the axle was MIA.Lots of trailer tire gators everywhere,almost as much as semi trailer ones.I-39 and 90/94 had the most.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.