National Bass Anglers Association Tournaments

• jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

It’s that time of the year again to plan for the 2010 season. Here is your chance to be part of the fastest growing tournament organization in the country. The NBAA is looking for directors to run tournaments in your area. There are many benifits to becoming a director. You set your schedule, automatically qualify for the National Championship Classic Week, get great boat deals and get to compete in a special directors only tournament and banquet each year, plus much much more.

The NBAA offers 3 divisions; and Overtime Division, Weekend Challenge Division and One on One Divisions.

The Overtime Challenge is designed for a 3 hour team tournament in the evening. Lakes in the overtime divisions are generally closer together and target a local group of anglers to reduce drive time. The season consists of 12 tournaments plus a division championship. The top 30% of the field and a wild card selection move on to the National Championship.

The Weekend Challenge is a standard 8 hour team tournament in held on a weekend. The season consists of 5 tournaments and as in the Overtime Division the top 30% of the field and a wild card selection move on to the National Championship.

The One on one divisions are just like the sound. They are much like the Weekend Challenge Division, but the difference is you fish alone, as it is not a team event. The One on One Divisions also offer a National Championship, however it is held at a different time than the Classic Week where the team championships are held.

If you would like to know more about becoming a director please let me know. The NBAA currently offers tournaments in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and South Dakota.

If you would like to compete in NBAA tournament or find a division near you let me know and I would be glad to help you out. You can also learn more by visiting their website.

bugman
    Juneau, WI

I would like to get a one on one Tournament started in the Dodge/Green lake county area in Wisconsin. Anybody interrested.

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

We’ve been busy working on the 2010 schedules. Here are a list of the tournament divisions and schedules for tournaments in South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska & Missouri.

Iowa Great Lakes Challenge

5/08/10 Okoboji Lake

6/12/10 Spirt Lake

7/17/10 Spirt Lake

8/21/10 Brushy Creek

9/25/10 Okoboji Lake

Iowa Premier Bass Series

4/17/10 Icaria

5/29/10 Rathbun Lake

6/12/10 Saylorville

7/10/10 Brushy Creek

8/07/10 Red Rock

8/29/10 West Okoboji

Missouri River Challenge

5/22/10 Missouri River Verdel

5/23/10 Missouri River Verdel

6/19/10 Missouri River Yankton, SD City Ramp

7/17/10 Missouri River Scenic Park Public Ramp

8/14/10 Missouri River Yankton, SD City Ramp

Ozark Tour Challenge

3/20/10 Lake of the Ozarks Pa He Tsi Ramp, Grand Glaize Rec Area Time 7 – 3 pm

4/10/10 Table Rock Lake Mill Creek Ramp Time 6:30-2:30 pm

6/26/10 Stockton Lake State Park Marina Time 6 – 2 pm

7/24/10 Truman Reservoir Stereet Creek Time 6-2 pm

9/11/10 Table Rock Lake Mill Creek Ramp Time 6-3 pm $250 Entry Fee/One Event with 9/12

9/12/10 Table Rock Lake Mill Creek Ramp This is a combined weekend event with the event on 9/11

Overtime Division 54 Lincoln, Nebraska

4/20/10 Wildwood Lake

5/11/10 Yankee Hill

5/18/10 Wagon Train Lake

5/29/10 Desoto Bend Middle Ramp

6/01/10 East Twin Lake

6/08/10 Branched Oak Lake

6/22/10 Wagon Train Lake

6/29/10 Czechland Lake

7/13/10 Wildwood Lake

7/20/10 Wagon Train Lake

8/03/10 Branched Oak Lake

8/10/10 Czechland Lake

9/00/10 TBA DIV CHAMP – Date & Lake TBA

Overtime Division 55 Omaha, Nebraska

5/06/10 Standing Bear

5/15/10 Summit- SATURDAY

5/20/10 Desoto Bend- Eastside middle ramp

6/03/10 Standing Bear

6/17/10 Czechland

6/26/10 Bilby Ranch Lake, MO- SATURDAY

7/01/10 Standing Bear

7/15/10 Summit

7/24/10 Czechland- SATURDAY

7/29/10 Standing Bear

8/12/10 Standing Bear

8/21/10 Summit- SATURDAY

9/04/10 DIV CHAMP, LAKE TBA

One on One Lincoln, Nebraska

5/04/10 Wildwood Lake

5/25/10 Czechland Lake

6/15/10 Wagon Train Lake

7/06/10 Holmes Lake

8/17/10 Branched Oak Lake

March 27, 2010

Mozingo Lake Open NBAA Season Kick Off Open

April 17, 2010

Mozingo 4-Man Open

June 19th

Lake St Clair Open

April 28th – May 1st

NBAA National Championship – Patoka Lake

August 29th

1 on 1 National Championship – TBA

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

pm me with info on the Iowa great lakes tournys. Is this a partner tourney? Payback?

jasonhoerter
    Minnesota

Jason, I live in the southern metro area and also spend a great deal of time on Lake Vermilion. I’m looking to fish as many tournaments as possible this year but don’t have a partner. What do you suggest?

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

There are a number of things you can do. I’m not sure what you are looking for or what kind of regulations you have in your area. One of the best ways to meet a lot of anglers and make friends is by becoming a director. The NBAA offers both team and individual tournaments. We are kind of laid back. You can put as much work into a division as you wish. Some guys build their own websites and market their division with their own branding and such but affiliate with the NBAA to allow all the benefits to transfer over to their anglers. Some just run divisions as a standard NBAA division. One of the benefits is our directors get to fish their own tournaments. Most divisions are kind of on the smaller side (around 20 boats). So this gives the division a club like feel. Everyone becomes friends and you don’t deal with the BS of meetings and stuff. You get to set the schedule that works for you at the places you want to fish at the best times of the year. Then you put the work out and anglers show up, they talk and more and more show up for each event. I really enjoy tournaments.

Over the weekend I worked the Bass Pro near Des Moines and heard a lot of guys talk about tournaments on the Mississippi. There seemed to be some dissapointment with schedule/fees and stuff. If I lived up there I’d get a division or two started. That area could have one of the largest NBAA division in the region. All it takes is one person to step up and get’r done. If your interest is to start a division let me know. I can fill you in on all the benefits and what types of tournaments would work best for you.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Jason, I live in the southern metro area and also spend a great deal of time on Lake Vermilion. I’m looking to fish as many tournaments as possible this year but don’t have a partner. What do you suggest?

I’ll add to what Jason stated, but focus on the partner issue. One way to fish tourney’s without a partner is to get involved with local bass clubs. They often have one-man teams, and/or they will have a non-boater rule that allows the non-boaters to hop in with a boater. To find out more about your local clubs, I’d make a new thread in this forum to make sure the right people read your question, and I’d contact the local DNR. They should have a list of all the tourneys in your area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.