Cranberry Country Bassmasters 2006 Open

• bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

The Cranberry Country Bassmasters will be holding their 2006 Open Tournament on Castle Rock Lake Sunday June 11, 2006. The event is open to the public. Entry fee is $100.00 per boat with a guaranteed 1st place payout of $1200.00 (40 boats) The guarantee payout will increase with more boats. Entry forms were mailed out on Feb 22nd to those who are regular participants. Boat numbers are assigned according to order received. For more information or a registration sheet, e-mail me, [email protected]
    We would like to register a hundred boats this year. You are all welcome to participate. Take off is at safe light at the Buckhorn Bridge boat launch.

Danny

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Hi Danny,
    Did you folks go FLW or BASS Nation?
    Thanks,
    Gregg Kizewski
    P.S. Any Idea how Ray and Pat are doing?

smullin25
    Hugo,MN

where is that lake?

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

We decided to go with FLW. It is still yet to be finalized though. Ray and Pat are doing well. Drop them an e-mail if you would like. [email protected]
    I hope to see you out there.
    Danny

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

Castle Rock is located in Central Wisconsin between Juneau and Adams Counties. It is part of the Wisconsin River system. It begins south of Petenwell lake and flows down to the Castle Rock Dam. I believe it is the 3rd or 4th largest lake in the state of WI.
    Danny

welter
    Prairie du Chien, WI

Is it a good bass fishery? How can you run bass boats on the Wisconsin River, i fished catfish on Castle Rock last year and it was full of sand bars and was shallow all the way through.

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

Alex,
    Yes, it is a great bass fishery. The lake has an abundance of smallmouth, most are small but the occassional 3 to 4 lb can be caught. The Largemouth population is better established with good numbers and size. Now, this lake and river system is known for its walleye fishing, but there are still a few of us in the area who target Bass. More for us I guess.
    To answer your question about Bass boats on the Wisconsin River. Just like any flowage on any river system, there is going to be a lot of shallow areas. Being from PDC you can understand that. A good topo map will help you to understand this lake in regards to where you can run and where you can’t. The river channel runs from Dam to Dam with lots of backwater. A little lake research will aid in a safe trip as well as a successful outing.
    Danny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.