Muddy River Jig Open Tournaments

• kris_brantner
    My river

MUDDY RIVER JIGS OPEN TOURNAMENTS 2013

The dates are set. These will be fun, inexpensive tournaments on pools 4 and 5 this summer. No club or membership fees, fish from any boat as long as you have an aerated live well, 8hr Saturday tournaments and 3 hour Tuesday nighters. $20 entry/person, and $5/person for big bass. 100% pay back/20% of field. Weigh your own 5 bass. Can fish two people per boat but must weigh separate fish. Limited to the first 19 boats. Show up early before each tournament to pay. Weigh bags and scale will be provided by Muddy River Jigs. The first boat that places out of money in each Saturday tournament will recieve a certificate for free Muddy River Jigs.

Dates:

Saturday May 18 Pool 5 7am-3pm

Tuesday May 21 Pool 4 5:30pm-8:30pm

Saturday June 15 Pool 4 6am-2pm

Tuesday June 25 Pool 5 6pm-9pm

Tuesday July 16 Pool 4 6pm-9pm

Saturday July 27 Pool 5 6am-2pm

Tuesday Aug 6 Pool 4 5:30pm-8:30pm

Saturday Aug 17 Pool 5 7am-3pm

Take offs will be out of the Ike’s Marina in Wabasha on Pool 4 and the Belvidere Landing on Pool 5.

Any questions call Kris at 715-495-4323 or check out facebook.com/MuddyRiverJigs

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Sounds like fun Kris…I hope to make it down there for one or two.

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

So am I reading this correctly that a boat could possibly have 10 fish?

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Quote:

So am I reading this correctly that a boat could possibly have 10 fish?

Yes, This is like the B.A.S.S. and FLW formats where you catch your own 5 fish. So co-angler and boater would catch their own then weigh there own. Also pay their own fee.

Kris, you should think of doing a Co-Angler division each tournament and maybe you will get more people. Otherwise I feel like there is a disadvantage to the co-angler.

kris_brantner
    My river

I wanted to make it more even for guys who would like to fish tournys out of smaller boats or flats and a team tourney is hard to fish out of smaller boats. Not really considering doing a co angler side at this point. Most guys at least have a flat to fish out of.

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

I guess I dont understand why its harder to fish a team tourny out of a smaller boat? Now i’m not trying to bash this but now you have a small flat bottom boat (probably 1 livewell) and your going to jam 10 fish in there? Doesn’t seem to be fair to the fish and I think your fish mortallity might go down

kris_brantner
    My river

Exactly. If guys have smaller boats and its a team tourny format they probably wouldn’t get into them. So they are single person tournaments so guys can fish in their smaller boats and only have 5 fish. I bought a 100qt cooler and i agree 10 fish would probably not be a good thing in there. Im assuming guys in the flats would fish solo and guys in the bigger boats can fish 2 if they want

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Hey Kris, I have a small flat that I fish out of 90% of the time. I would fish your tournaments but would feel too guilty after coming home with everyone’s money every night.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Hey Kris, I have a small flat that I fish out of 90% of the time. I would fish your tournaments but would feel too guilty after coming home with everyone’s money every night.

You’re on a roll…

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I know Just a little competitive smack talk to get everyone ready for tourney season. Besides, the bass boards have been pretty dead around here lately.

hunter1723

results from first two tourneys?

hunter1723

Any info on these tourney results?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.