2013 Walser Bass Tour!

• kroc0005

Looking for a tournament circuit with broader lake variety? Struggling to keep up with all the local knowledge? Tired of the cutthroat atmosphere? The 2013 Walser Bass Tour is Minnesota’s Premier Weekend Bass Angler Tournament Circuit might just be for you! We are aimed at modest entry fees and generous knowledge sharing and camaraderie, see more at http://wbt.fiveand1.net/!

In our 3rd year of existence, the “WBT” has developed into a fun, yet structured and accountable operation of teams from all over the greater Twin Cities metro area. Recently we had our annual member meeting where the 9 returning teams voted on lakes and rule updates. Just like a fishing club, member input and involvement is key to our success!

Want to Join?
    For 2013, we are expanding our field to 14 teams and actively seeking to fill the remaining spots! Currently we have 11 teams paid and confirmed, to inquire and assure your team’s spot, here’s what you do:
    – Submit request through the website ( Email Me Link )
    – Tour Directors will ask you to provide yours and your partner’s tournament fishing background.
    – Commit by paying for the full 2013 season

Member Requirements – With camaraderie being paramount, WBT participants are required to participate and pay for all 2013 tourneys (see breakout below); we do not accept team entry for single tourneys! After each tournament, all members are required to share what worked, what didn’t; winning teams are asked to go one step farther and bring their baits/rods to group for further illustration of what were the winning tactics.

2013 Schedule (all tourneys are 8 hours long)
    6/2 – Lake Minnetonka
    6/23 – Lake Waconia
    7/14 – North and South Center
    7/28 – Clearwater Lake (Annandale, MN)
    8/18 – Sylvia / Twin (Annandale, MN)
    9/14 – 9/15 TOC – Cedar Lake (Aitkin area)

100% Payout for Your Team’s Entry Fee
    All entry fees are paid out in tournament wins, optional big bass pots, and to the team of the year. Team of the year is won by accruing points for each tournament placement.
    $245 Annual Tournament Entry per team: $35/ regular season tourney, $50 for TOC, $15 team membership “dues” for team of the year and trophy.
    Optional $10 Big Bass pot for all 7 tourney days that must be payable prior to first tournament to be involved during the year ($70).

The WBT tour directors do not earn any “administrative dollars”
    The reasons? First, our members make the tour a first class group to work with. Secondly, no other circuit we experienced satisfied our need for low cost entry, 100% payout, great communication to participants, and a strong blend of knowledge-sharing like fishing clubs we have enjoyed in the past. We do this because we enjoy it.

Contact Us!
    If you think this is for you, contact Jeremie Larson by email ( [email protected] ), PM me, or check out the WBT website (2013 updates coming soon) for more details on rules and information.

Jim Krocak
    Walser Bass Tour – Tourney Director
    http://wbt.fiveand1.net/

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

This is a great circuit and I have been a part of this for all three years. 100% payout and you get a say in how the tournies are organzied and where they are?? You don’t hear that too often.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Quote:

After each tournament, all members are required to share what worked, what didn’t; winning teams are asked to go one step farther and bring their baits/rods to group for further illustration of what were the winning tactics.

This is the best part of your tournament. Congrats on requiring this

I have never fished a Bass tournaments. If I did, I would consider this type of format. Sharing information is critical in helping us all become better fisherman.

kroc0005

We have confirmed 12 teams, only 2 more to fill our field of 14, thanks for the inquiries!

kroc0005

Looks like we are up to 13 teams this year, one more opening! Thanks for your inquiries!

Jim

kroc0005

The Walser Bass Tour recently updated our website with new team members and sponsorship opportunities – we are excited about these enhancements for 2013!

Check us out at http://wbt.fiveand1.net/!

We had 1 team dropped out so we are currently at 12 teams.

Common questions we have received through inquiries include:

Do both partners have to fish all tournaments or can I have a sub if one of us cant make at date?
    Yes, subs are allowed, as long as at least 1 original team member is fishing each tourney. We like to see familiar faces to build camaraderie throughout the season!

Do I need a high powered bass boat to fish in this?
    No, these are not required, only a boat with a working livewell. We have had various boats in our club, from bass boats to 16′ Lunds with 40hp motors. The WBT welcomes all that can keep their catch healthy and alive for release!

Contact us via the website or through PM if you are interested!

Jim Krocak

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.