Tough fishing?

• AlwaysFishing23

Anyone else noticing tough fishing the last few weeks? I’m thinking heat and all the recreation traffic isn’t helping things.

tim hurley

Yes! I was just about to post on that in the ‘Panfish’

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Agreed. Most of my reports and others of various sources have all been pretty slow.

Lou W

Trolling raps late eve-night is my go to now for eyes. Golf/family stuff during the day except for an occasional bass outing

BrianF

Misery loves company, so I’ll chip in and tell you that my last two weeks of fishing for smallies and walleyes have been pretty poor in comparison to the rest of the season. It’s the same old ‘mid-summer blues’ deal. Livescope is showing lots of fish on these spot, but they are very reluctant to bite – at least what I’ve been throwing at them. My strategy now is to switch to Musky fishing because when you get skunked there is the ‘well it’s musky fishing’ excuse. The high probability of a skunk is built-in.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My strategy now is to switch to Musky fishing because when you get skunked there is the ‘well it’s musky fishing’ excuse. The high probability of a skunk is built-in.

Haha. Getting blanked is the norm in the muskie realm. Two came in my boat on Saturday morning prior to the arrival of that front though!

tim hurley

Ski’s love a big weather switch.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes! That is exactly why I was out there prior to the change in weather on Saturday morning. It also coincided with a major feeding window too.

tornadochaser

Windy afternoons tight to weedlines have been excellent here in SD.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tim hurley wrote:</div>

Yes! That is exactly why I was out there prior to the change in weather on Saturday morning. It also coincided with a major feeding window too.

That’s what I was hoping for on Sat. morning as well. It didn’t work out for me. The bite was rather poor for me ahead of the storm. Had a fair amount of blow ups om the buzzbait but REALLY POOR hookup ratio. I was even using a trailer hook and that did not help. Think my hookup percentage was less than 20%. Tried to slow things down with a frog and they would not touch it. Only a few small hits and 0 hookup on the frog. Seemed like they were just slapping at the baits. As far as the fishing getting tough right now – For me its be a tough year all year !!!!

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Friend of mines up
    North at his cabin off
    The gunflint trail he is saying the opposite . Best fishing all
    Year up
    There he’s been doing quite well . Daytime biting white jig and twister tail . Bass eyes perch even a few big bluegill and northern

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Had a fair amount of blow ups om the buzzbait but REALLY POOR hookup ratio. I was even using a trailer hook and that did not help. Think my hookup percentage was less than 20%.

That is odd for a buzzbait. My hookup ratio on a buzzer is usually almost 100%. And the fact that you added a trailer hook is really a head scratcher.

What brand of buzzbait are you using? The Cavitron can be fished a lot slower than most other buzzbaits.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You need El Choppo!

Last time I saw your El Choppo. It was in a northerns mouth as he swam away with it jester
    I do own a few of the Whopper Poppers now. I found a good deal on them and purchased several of them. Have had a fair amount of success on them the limited amount of time that I’ve fished them.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That is odd for a buzzbait. My hookup ratio on a buzzer is usually almost 100%. And the fact that you added a trailer hook is really a head scratcher.

What brand of buzzbait are you using? The Cavitron can be fished a lot slower than most other buzzbaits.

Ya. I normally have a fairly high hookup ratio on buzzbaits as well. For some reason I think the bass were just not committed to hitting them well. I switched to a few different brands of Buzzbaits, all the same result. The other guy out there fishing them had the same problem as I did. I’ll have to take a look at the Cavitron brand. Sometimes they seem to really like the slowest moving ones and other times it seem you cant seem to burn them fast enough.

tim hurley

Your laughter has cursed your Choppo, and your Whopper Plopper may be in solidarity.

Umy
    South Metro

Choppo rules!
    It always amazes me the size of fish that will hit on a lure.
    Canadian smallie last week

Umy
    South Metro

oops – pictures don’t like to attach for me

Attachments:
    1. Max-Canada-2-7-21-22-scaled.jpg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.