Totaled my honda, now looking again

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

21 honda foreman is dead. Waiting on insurance to figure out payment now that the wheeler is a hard one to find. In the time being I have been browsing for another toy.
    The 22 suzuki king quad 750 has caught my eye.
    Does any one ride a king quad? Pros and cons. I use it as a toy more or less and little bit for chores. So looking for some thing that will ride wheelies in the yard and also drag a shack across frozen tundra. I like trail riding and ditch beating and just want a good inbetween machine. I don’t need a xmr 1000 but have also looked at the can am 850 xt p. Just trying to decide on a happy medium. Suzuki is single cylinder and pros or cons to that? Never owned a zuki except for a old lt 250

onestout
    Hudson, WI

What happened to the Honda?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Trail riding in moose lake, rolled it down a big steep incline. Landed upside down in the drink.
    I’ll be buying it back from insurance if the deal goes right. But I want a new toy now.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

If I bought new today, no question it would be the Yamaha Grizzly

Coletrain27

Ive rode a king quad before and I wouldn’t be scared to buy one. I think now days they all make a pretty good machine. Have you looked at the can am 650’s? There a nice rig

Coletrain27

Another option is a brute force 750. I owned one for a couple years and never had a problem. Plenty of power with the v-twin

munchy
    NULL

River Valley Sports here in Rochester has one in stock if you’re looking. Never riden one unfortunately.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20211129-175632_Chrome.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Larsons down the road has a handful as well. The can am 650 hasn’t been one on my mind. But I’d love to ride one

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Never been a Grizzly guy but haven’t been on one since 2012 ish. I’ll have to check one out if I can find one locally.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

Never been a Grizzly guy but haven’t been on one since 2012 ish. I’ll have to check one out if I can find one locally.

Just about everyone I hunt with out west has them. I was very pleasantly surprised how comfortable of a ride on nasty forestry roads in mountains

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Have you checked with Caswells North of Mora? They handle Cam Am last I knew.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I had a 05 king quad until last summer. bought it with 2000 miles sold it with over 8000 miles. I never touched the motor except a water pump. I did have to replace both rear axels, rear brakes and a fuel pump and of course belts. When my boys were your we would go trail riding the boys each had Yamaha warriors and I had my king quad. There is a big age difference in them but mine was very comfortable to ride it fit me very well. I don’t know anything about new 4 wheel I moved to a sxs.

futurepoorperson

Bearcat,

I have a 2018’ 750 KingQuad.
    It’s been an awesome machine.
    Plenty of power,
    Pulls my otter lodge, trail rides nice, checks the mail ….. I haven’t really mudded or ditch bang with it to comment.

I’ll post a pic of machine.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’d be looking at Hondas and Yamaha Grizzlies before anything else.

I’d also tend to lean more towards the 600cc class than those largest ones unless you had intentions of putting tracks on or something. They just get heavier, harder to fit in a truck, significantly more expensive, and less nimble to ride in my opinion.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That’s tough timing…weren’t you headed to Red for a week starting about now?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That’s tough timing…weren’t you headed to Red for a week starting about now?

Yes. Still have a 07 outlander 800 around . Not ideal for early ice. Have to bust out the big red.

Angler II

I have a 2020 king quad 750. Everyone in my family has one as well. Solid, powerful, great riding machines.

Make sure it has power steering.

Nodakk

I’ve rode a newer King Quad 750 with tracks. Awesome machine. No need to worry about a belt.

Jason

I have owned a KQ 750 and a Can Am 850Xt. Both are good machines. Can Am has more top end power and less vibration due to it being a 2 cylinder. KQ has lots of low end torque.
    The price of the Suzuki is less but the dash and racks aren’t as nice as the Outlanders, neither is the resale. Heinens in Osseo are the cheapest on Suzuki’s. Cam Ams are currently hard to come by.

Angler II

I have owned a KQ 750 and a Can Am 850Xt. Both are good machines. Can Am has more top end power and less vibration due to it being a 2 cylinder. KQ has lots of low end torque.
    The price of the Suzuki is less but the dash and racks aren’t as nice as the Outlanders, neither is the resale. Heinens in Osseo are the cheapest on Suzuki’s. Cam Ams are currently hard to come by.

I rode my uncles 850 can am touring. It had more power. He also paid $3,000 more for his wheeler. I couldn’t justify the extra cost.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve owned quite literally everything except Suzuki machines. Nothing against em, just other machines ticked more of the boxes I wanted.

Buy the Honda back and bring it by my place. We can get it rolling again.

Might have an 03′ Prairie 650 I would sell ya whistling

Or an 02′ rancher. Doesn’t burn a lick of oil, runs gre…grea…I can’t even lie…it runs like dog poo. Still only has one tire chain left lol

John Timm

I owned a 2005 and now a 2014 King quad. Had over 4000 miles on the first one. Went through 3 plows and 3 winches with the 2005 and it never failed me. The 2014 is still going strong with around 2500 miles. I would buy another in a heartbeat. They are great in all areas, but won’t win the races against the bigger units, but they will not be in the shop either. Larson’s is probably the cheapest around. Friend just purchased 2 of them from there a week ago.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have owned multiple Kawi Brutes, a Yamaha Grizzly and an Arctic Cat.
    Love the Brutes to death but not certain they would be a good working machine. Mine are just for trail pleasure. Our Grizzly is only a couple years old. Its seems pretty solid and something I am going to try and keep around a while. My oldest machine is the work horse. It was trail rode some and ice fished some but mainly its my snow plow vehicle and has been since 2006. The Cat just keeps truckin. My buddy has the same 500 a few years older that he has beat the **** out of creating and maintaining food plots at his cabin. The poor thing looks deaf, dumb and blind. No brakes. But it just keeps moving. Little did we know then that was one tough machine. Im sure the Suzuki engine has a lot to do with it

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.