TOTAL disregard for AIS laws!!!

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

I was fishing ‘skis on Deer Lake in Polk Co WI today and what I witnessed at the ramp blew me away and infuriated me.
    3 older guys were ahead of me pulling out. They were in an older Crestliner, white with blue graphics and a Force on the back.
    They proceeded to fill 2 5 gallon pails with lake water, unload their catch from a fish basket into the pails, put them in the back of the truck, load the boat onto the trailer and drive off with enough green hanging on it to start a produce section at Cub Foods! flame flame flame flame flame

I told the guy filling the buckets that it’s illegal to transport water from the lake, he gave me a dumb look and said, “huh, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that”. flame flame smash They were obviously locals that didn’t give a crap.

What is wrong with people!!?? The signs are everywhere and it’s all over the media!

I give up…..everyone else is much more important than those of use who live by the laws, we may not agree with some of them, but we do it.
    I know, I should have gotten the license plate and called it in, but I stood there in shock.

Don

bigpike

I would guess there are plenty of old timers that are set in there ways, or not educated in AIS or dont care to be the few times they fish.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Was one of them…maybe a younger guy wearing a green hat?

Attachments:
    1. Funny-Fishing-for-Turkey-Fish-featuring-Hillbilly-Herman-episode-1-___.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If you still feel strongly about it it’s probably worth a call and a description of the truck and boat.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Those careless old guys probably drove to a different lake and dumped out those 5 gallon pails too. I am appalled. Shame on them.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Maybe the guy has a cabin 2 blocks down the road and takes care of the boat cleaning there?

J.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Yep, turn them in cut and dried, kma this site has turned into a self righteous group, I suppose those ol timers that are left raped all the fish outta there too, they are directly responsible for the god dam fish you you still get the opportunity to catch, so many butchers in this site, but I guess it’s true, I’m getting old, oh ya we kept si many fish over the last 50 years the lake has dried up, ugh, if I see you speeding I will turn you in

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Yep, turn them in cut and dried, kma this site has turned into a self righteous group, I suppose those ol timers that are left raped all the fish outta there too, they are directly responsible for the god dam fish you you still get the opportunity to catch, so many butchers in this site, but I guess it’s true, I’m getting old, oh ya we kept si many fish over the last 50 years the lake has dried up, ugh, if I see you speeding I will turn you in

We know who you are…

Attachments:
    1. Grumpy-Old-Terrorists-_-Mike-Malloy-Radio-Show-_-Progressive-Radio-___.jpg

milemark_714

If you still feel strongly about it it’s probably worth a call and a description of the truck and boat.

Waste of a phone call here in WI.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Correction. Waste of a phone call.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sorry Mr. Slab Hunter… AIS is big business in MN and WI…and that’s all it is.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Correction. Waste of a phone call.

Sorry Mr. Slab Hunter… AIS is big business in MN and WI…and that’s all it is.

I’m surprised you didn’t say the old adage, “No Pics, Didn’t Happen” BK.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

smirk I thought about it.

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

AIS law are an excuse for the warden to give you a ticket. AIS law should have been started 30 years ago when the zebra mussel hit the upper Mississippi

Don Miller
    Onamia

When I first heard of the AIS regulations my first question was, Is the state going to hire another 1,000 COs? It seemed obvious to me there would be wide spread non-compliance. And unless there were COs at the landing many would not discard perfectly good live bait.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Maybe the guy has a cabin 2 blocks down the road and takes care of the boat cleaning there?

J.

EXACTLY!!!! Transporting lake water in pails or whatever does NOT spread AIS. SPREADING is ONLY done when that water is actually put into another lake/waterway.

Yes….the laws were broken–technically. Did anyone see them SPREAD AIS? No?

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

When I see people breaking the law, I take a picture of them doing it before I confront them. If they seem not to care or unwilling to correct what they are doing. I will turn them in. Most of the time they just didn’t know they were breaking the law. There are so many laws it is hard to keep up on them all. But the AIS laws have been so well covered it is hard to say they didn’t know. I would put those guys into the turn in pile.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Assumed guilty is not the American way as Steve has said many times.

I still believe those laws are unconstitutional. coffee

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

J.

If he lives two blocks away, why would he need to fill his bucket?

gregory
    Red wing,mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

J.

If he lives two blocks away, why would he need to fill his bucket?

Maybe his cabin doesn’t have running water??

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Assumed guilty is not the American way as Steve has said many times.

I still believe those laws are unconstitutional. coffee

…but the law never the less so peep’s, ya need to follow em’. As you have said many times two wrongs don’t make a right so follow the law. It’s really pretty simple actually…RR

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Didn’t say I don’t. However if I do get cited I’ll do whatever I can to find out how they stand up in court.

In case anyone gets the wrong idea, I am not promoting breaking the law(s). There is hope. Prohibition was repealed. wave

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Didn’t say I don’t. However if I do get cited I’ll do whatever I can to find out how they stand up in court.

In case anyone gets the wrong idea, I am not promoting breaking the law(s). There is hope. Prohibition was repealed. wave

Gotcha’. Understood…RR

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

J.

EXACTLY!!!! Transporting lake water in pails or whatever does NOT spread AIS. SPREADING is ONLY done when that water is actually put into another lake/waterway.

Yes….the laws were broken–technically. Did anyone see them SPREAD AIS? No?

So then transporting of drugs shouldn’t be illegal. The transport doesn’t cause any problems. Right?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Is it total disregard for AIS if you comply with said laws, but still knowingly transfer water and weeds after complying?

Or is that just my dilemma with THE LAW.

bigpike

I got burned by the b.s. law. Transported fish home in my livewell in the a.m., was going back to fish the p.m. and ms. Not so friendly warden cracked me with the water left in my tank. Told the explanation and she didn’t care. I walked away as she rifled through my boat because at the time I was so pi$$ed. Took my medicine, got spanked again in the court house arguing my position. In the end I paid the fine and moved on learning my lesson of not fighting big brother and just obey there laws no matter how stupid I or you think they are

lhprop1
    Eagan

Some of the “inspectors” aren’t very bright either.

I was fishing Mantrap a few years ago and there was a boat in line in front of me getting inspected before they launched. The inspector was some prematurely grey-haired granola hippie with her Prius in the parking lot.

Upon inspecting their boat, she discovered that they still had a full live well and told them to drain it . . . right there at the ramp so all of the old live well water could go right into the lake. doah

When it was my turn to be inspected, she happened to find a tiny piece of cabbage that had been caught inside the plastic cover of the spare trolling motor. That motor hasn’t touched water the entire time I’ve had the boat (8 years or so) but she made me take out my tool box, take apart the trolling motor, and remove the 4″ long piece of prehistoric weed and put it in the garbage can. smash

Bob/MN

I had an encounter when the inspector came up to the boat and I asked him if he was looking for villagers. He answered” What are villagers?” So much for training. -(

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I got burned by the b.s. law. Transported fish home in my livewell in the a.m., was going back to fish the p.m. and ms. Not so friendly warden cracked me with the water left in my tank. Told the explanation and she didn’t care. I walked away as she rifled through my boat because at the time I was so pi$$ed. Took my medicine, got spanked again in the court house arguing my position. In the end I paid the fine and moved on learning my lesson of not fighting big brother and just obey there laws no matter how stupid I or you think they are

Missing what your explanation was? Was it that you were going to go back to the same lake later that day? If so every CO in the State would have ticketed you…RR

bigpike

Stupidity to a stupid law still makes me stupid along with the stupid law. IMHO

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.