Tire Chains

• jake47
    WI

Are there any that are super quick to put on? Our driveway gets a little slippery on occasion and I am curious if there is a fast chain that would prevent me from trading in the FWD van to something with AWD or 4WD. We just found out that # 4 is on the way so the F-150 has to go bye bye for a suburban or similar. Would prefer not to make it two new vehicles…last year I would have needed to chain up for 2-3 times if that puts it into perspective.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Just put these on our vehicle, might be better then chaining up. There by far the best snow/ice tire out there right now!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0536.png

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

If they are anything like putting tire chains on a lawn tractor or 4 wheeler it’s not difficult, but certainly not something I’d want to do very often. Unless you pull into your driveway and don’t leave for days.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

What is the driveway made of?

If hard surfaced, I’d think the better investment would be in a good salt spreader and a couple of hundred pounds of salt.

Grouse

basseyes

Agree with salt and a spreader. If you’ve never dealt with chaining up, have a buddy, relative or farmer who’s familiar with them show you what it involves. Personally, I’ve done it on all fours more times than I care to admit and it’s far from quick, easy or fun in snowy, wet or cold conditions unless you are very familiar with doing it. If something isn’t right, they can do more damage than good too.

robby
    Quad Cities

Remember when we were kids and everybody had 2 sets of wheels and tires? Lol. That’s how I learned to jack a car up and change a tire. Got practice twice a year regardless. What changed that, Radial tires? Some people even used chains on their tires down here then. It’s not even legal now. Of course we used to get more snow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.