Tip Downs ready to fish with the pole

• icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Original Crappie Tipper Tip Downs. Includes Frame and Pole. Completely rigged and ready to fish, just add a minnow.

Folds flat for easy storage in a 5 gallon pail. All PVC frame that never gets wet and needs to be dried out.

180 turns of 6# main line, #18 swivel, 3-4ft. Of 4# clear mono, small #14 Eagle Claw Treble hook, BB Split Shot.

They balance perfectly and take very little to pull them down to horizontal and then they free fall from there.

They work great for Crappies, Perch, and Walleyes. Includes safety line that connects the pole to the frame so you do not lose the pole down the hole to a Northern or Bass.

Get the best made Original not a cheap copy, ready to fish with everything installed.

Safety line with Large Snap Lock so it’s easy to connect and disconnect.

Great price on the Best Tip Down period!

$22 each, very reasonable shipping available.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3685.jpg

2. IMG_3688.jpg

3. IMG_3686.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Do you make these yourself? Looks like it includes “hook, line and sinker” laugh

Interested

bigpike

Hey Nut. The wood ones you made me from a dozen or so years ago are aging. Might be time to upgrade to your new design. Fish catching machines!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hey Nut. The wood ones you made me from a dozen or so years ago are aging. Might be time to upgrade to your new design. Fish catching machines!

So based on this comment, I’ll presume that Nut designed these and makes them himself…rather than pimping somebody else’s product here.

Somehow I see these as ideal for my grandkids.

bigpike

Yes. Icenut has been selling and making them for years. He switched to pvc about 5 years ago? Kids and adults love them….

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

My brother and I have 4 between us. Sometimes we fish together and other times we split up. I have taken friends out with store bought tip downs and IN’s beat those hands down every time. Great units. Love the pvc models. waytogo waytogo

Ice Cap

I have never used a tip down but at that price I may be interested. How are they on a windy day? Will the wind trigger them?

riverruns
    Inactive

I have never used a tip down but at that price I may be interested. How are they on a windy day? Will the wind trigger them?

Face them into the wind. waytogo

I bought his original wood ones. Awesome ice fishing tool. toast

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>

Face them into the wind. waytogo

I bought his original wood ones. Awesome ice fishing tool. toast

X 2 work great

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Probably a dumb question but are these spring loaded or mechanically assisted to set the hook? Can they be used in Minnesota?

bigpike

The rod is balanced on the pvc with a metal stick going through the rod. The idea is the fish grabs the minnow and as it pulls the rod it begins to tip down. The bait is thus weightless until the rod tips all the way down. Ultra sensitive as you can tell if a fish grabs and lets go. Once the fish engages the tip down its up to you to grab the line, set the hook and free hand the fish in hand over hand. Some days this technique is deadly over all other presentations. The down side is super cold or super windy as you need to keep your hole clean in order to keep the line free flowing.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Probably a dumb question but are these spring loaded or mechanically assisted to set the hook? Can they be used in Minnesota?

These are just tip-downs, there is no mechanical hook setting assistance. When a fish takes the bait, the rod tips down indicating a bite and the line is allowed to free spool like a tip up.

Here’s a thread from last winter on the subject…

http://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/are-tipdowns-illegal-in-mn/

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Once the fish engages the tip down its up to you to grab the line, set the hook and free hand the fish in hand over hand.

Is this how they work?

The appeal of these for me was that it looked like you could grab the rod and play the fish with the rod and reel.

It seems odd that you’d pull the fish in by hand when there’s a rod and reel still attached to the other end? crazy

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Thanks for the link. As biggill said in that other thread, I’d always assumed that tip downs were mechanically assisted. Cool product, icenutz.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’ve got the older wood style. They work great and the price is very fair.

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>
    Once the fish engages the tip down its up to you to grab the line, set the hook and free hand the fish in hand over hand.

Is this how they work?

The appeal of these for me was that it looked like you could grab the rod and play the fish with the rod and reel.

It seems odd that you’d pull the fish in by hand when there’s a rod and reel still attached to the other end? crazy

You certainly could but to me hand lining is much more fun. The rods are very basic with spools on them. A snoopy rod if you will.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Sorry for not responding earlier, we have been on vacation..

You can call me for more info. 715-379-2376

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.