Tip action

• Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Ok guys been looking at Rods for the upcoming open water season.Right now im looing for a bottom bouncer,spinner bait and more rod.Im thinking MH 7’6.But what does the tip action fast mean on the sites.Right now im looking at the Uglystik elite,Fenwick HGM,or the Berkly E-Motion.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Gabe, I’m brand new to Walleye fishing but have used similar techniques for other species. Now my approach would have been completely opposite. I have ML, slow action rods for my soft plastics & crawler rods. I believe it allows me to see the hit a lot easier and eater size Walleye seem to be notorious for being drug for miles without knowing that they are on the line. Again, since I’m new to Walleye, can you explain why you are choosing the MH? – Thanks.

Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Super dave
    I feel when i use a medium heavy that the weight of the bottom bouncer wont bend the rod as much.Making it able to see the ticking more.Im also looking at a medium heavy for spinnerbaits.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Bouncer rods should be med action. You want the rod just to load up or you will pull more hooks. St Croix make a bouncer rod specifically in the eyecon and tournament series.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Bouncer rods should be med action. You want the rod just to load up or you will pull more hooks. St Croix make a bouncer rod specifically in the eyecon and tournament series.

Just to add to Mike’s reply. In addition to the medium factor, is the Moderate action. IE completely the opposite of fast or extra fast that we commonly see in spinning rods. So the Croix bouncer rods are either MM = Med moderate or MHM med heavy moderate. The tourney series are the later allowing you to pull heavier lead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.