time to upgrade my old 530 garmin to the echomap chirp 73 With questions

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I know 73sv is side vu with clear vu and 73dv is clear vu only what is 73cv?

I’m not sure if side vu is worth it to me so I could save $150.

From my research prices are all over the place. Retail price for a new 73sv is $749 and for the 73dv is $599 from garmin website

Ive found a 73sv for $649 and a 73dv for $499 these are older versions. So, would I be correct if I buy the older version and install the updates they would be essentially be like the new version? Would I be better of with new? These are with chirp.

Am I missing something? For the 73sv Amazon says list price is $849 on sale for $649 but you scroll down the page it says newer ones for $749. Reeds is selling theirs for $849 and its not the same model number as the garmin site.
    Reeds also is selling the 73dv for $699. Whats up with the $100 mark up over Garmin?
    Should I wait for the sporteshow, buy the new version or save on the older version?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The only question I can relate to is the one whether you should get sv or not.

ABSOLUTELY!!! The $150 upgrade is more worthwhile than the unit upgrade itself. If your not used to side imaging, give yourself a year of using it to really understand it. It’s a game changer if you’ve never had it before.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Have you checked Cabelas? Just last week they had the GARMIN 73SV LAKEVU HD COMBO for $499 I think. This one doesn’t have chirp though. I got 2 of them back in December for $449. My kid just got one last week at Cabelas, so they had them then.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Your right biggil, that extra $150 really is not of a concern. I’m not familiar with any of this side vu or down view stuff. I’m just glad Garmin stepped into the game. Might as well try something new.

Sticker, from my experience of my old gps/map 530 I know a nonchirp would be great and for that price hard to pass on, though I would like to try the chirp. I did see Cabella’s has last years model for $637. I guess its a no brainer, the savings paid for the side/vu.

Just called cabella’s in woodbury and they have one in stock got it set aside for me and I’ll be on my way to pick it up.
    Maybe wendsday I’ll put the boat in the water if I can get the ok from the new owners of beannies on the St.Croix. Always wanted to fish the Croix in febuary.

mojogunter

I have a GPSMAP 7608XSV that I am selling to get a 10″ if you decide you want a touch screen and maybe want to add panoptix at some point. devil

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Darn, to late
    But, if its for $637.90 I’ll return mine or put it on my other boat. devil I’ll even pay for delivery. razz
    That sure would be nice substitution.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Some models I know mapping is for the coasts, others none at all, some chirp some non chirp. Garmin model info is quite confusing when searching around.

It’s a great unit, enjoy. The 73 chirp models are panoptic compatible, not sure if non chirp is. Hard to imagine why chirp is worth so much more money, wish they had these deals last fall when I bought mine, probably wouldn’t went non chirp.

Troy Feeken

The 73sv non chirp is a hell of a model. If you’re intending to possibly use it on the ice, you’ll need to get the CHIRP model so you can use their ice transducer though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.