Time for a new bow.

• Michael Best

I won’t be getting a new bow since I bought a Phase 4 33 back in august.
    A 4.26 lb 33” bow sounds interesting.

Podium archer already did a review on the Lift 33. One thing I found interesting. 30” draw, 70 lb limbs and 350 grain arrow he could only get 326 fos out of it. Granted it was 85% let off mods but even if it had the 80% let off mods it should only have gained 4 to 6 fps. He hates Mathew’s grips but even with the slow actual speeds snd the Mathew’s grip he gave the bow a very high review.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So I shot the phase 4, the new lift, hoyts alpha x 30, and the vtm as well as the z1s. I left with out making a purchase. The lift was nice but the hoyt was more of a natural fit for my hand. So like I said I left and will try it again another day down the road. Probably after Xmas. I’m in no hurry. The hoyt charger I shoot now is a tack driver and I enjoy shooting it. I didn’t see to many wild sales on the 23 models. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll re look for some ones trade in.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I finally pulled the trigger last night after shooting 3d leagues.
    Some one traded in a phase 4 33″ shot less then 50 times. So I swooped in and picked that up and it came with the integrated rest as well all for 900 bucks. My buddy Kevin is selling a brand new dialed arxos sight I’m debating on grabbing. Should be a nice set up for the next couple years.
    What are you guys running for a case on these long bows ?

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I finally pulled the trigger last night after shooting 3d leagues.
    Some one traded in a phase 4 33″ shot less then 50 times. So I swooped in and picked that up and it came with the integrated rest as well all for 900 bucks. My buddy Kevin is selling a brand new dialed arxos sight I’m debating on grabbing. Should be a nice set up for the next couple years.
    What are you guys running for a case on these long bows ?

Awesome buy! I run one of those nice plano hard cases when im traveling. But for hunting around town I really just like using a soft case that unzips. The hard case does its job keeping the bow safe but its super bulky and loud to open.

Ben K.

That’s a steal, esp with the rest. Congrats.

I have a Pelican V730 for my 34 inch bow. Fits great. It has been overkill so far, but I bought it with visions of airline travel someday.

Hoyt4
    NULL

SKB has been my go to for hard cases and traveling. Just a soft case for hunting around town.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yeah the hard case will be for truck travel. I was a little shell shocked at 500 bucks on a new case and of course the 33 doesn’t fit in the case I already have.

Side question, any one use or have a opinion on the dialed arxos v3 sight ?

Otherwise I am very happy I waited for a deal to pop up and I didn’t just splurge right away for a new bow. Now my hoyt can be given to the kid and he can finally start shooting with me again. He received tly went from 5ft11 to 6ft2 and out grew his pse.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well a couple weeks in to the phase 4 and I can say I fricken love this bow. I wasn’t sure I liked the 33 immediately but after adding the new beereal 2.0 grip if fixed the torque issue I had with the stock grip. I have been running the dialed arxos and now bought the axcel 5 pin mathews sight for hunting. I have both sights dialed in perfect. I have probably 1000 arrows through this bow and it is so much more bow then my old hoyt was. I’m drawing 29.5 inch at 70 pounds and I’m not sure what my speed is since I haven’t quite dialed in my arrows yet but I know this thing is fast and quiet.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

If you’re willing to consider Tribe Archery, I have a few sales samples in my shop. Cut ya sweet deal on them

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Well a couple weeks in to the phase 4 and I can say I fricken love this bow. I wasn’t sure I liked the 33 immediately but after adding the new beereal 2.0 grip if fixed the torque issue I had with the stock grip. I have been running the dialed arxos and now bought the axcel 5 pin mathews sight for hunting. I have both sights dialed in perfect. I have probably 1000 arrows through this bow and it is so much more bow then my old hoyt was. I’m drawing 29.5 inch at 70 pounds and I’m not sure what my speed is since I haven’t quite dialed in my arrows yet but I know this thing is fast and quiet.

Save some public land booners for the rest of us toast

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.