Tiller Nirvana

• paulroecker

After over 15 years of fishing tillers (two 618T’s, Lund 1825 pro-guide) I have finally reached the pinnacle. I had a new fiberglass tiller boat on order. Due to many unforeseen challenges from the dealer and boat company, I had to walk away from the new boat one day before a small tournament. After many phone calls, a dealer in the Western part of MN came through and let me use a Warrior 1890 for the weekend. For the last many years, I have heard about how good the Warriors “cut” through the water, have the smoothest ride and the fact that the back square transom tracks better. During the weekend of fishing, we were in some large waves. The difference between the 618T and the 1890 are amazing. I wish I had listened many years ago. So later this week the dealer has my new boat coming in. A Warrior 2090 BTT with a Mercury 200 V-rod. Can’t wait to get it on the water. Before you buy another brand of tiller boat, please test drive a Warrior and see for yourself.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I just listed 2 boats on the classifieds here. If they sell a Warrior just might be in my future.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I spent last weekend fishing out my dads new 1890, that thing is amazing. We have always (and I still) have a lund tiller. They are not even in the same ballpark. The ride is so smooth through rough waves and control is so easy to keep on track its effortless.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I went from a tin tiller boat(Lund) in 2005 to the Warrior 1890BT and I could not be happier! Absolutely love that boat!!! Good luck with your new 2090. I am quite certain you will be amazed.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

looks like a nice boat. i am not very familiar with warrior boats. what kind of price point are these things in?

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

As a pricing example here is a reply I got to an inquiry on a Warrior boat from a dealer. Too rich for my blood so I am now looking at the Lund 1875 Pro Guide with the same 90 Tiller. I would certainly rather have the Warrior but a $13,000 price difference is too large for me…RR

“$43,500.00 You get a 1890 Tournament, Mercury 90 Command Thrust w/Mercury in the handle steering, cover, snap carpet,80# vantage, and 2 MK220PC chargers, 2 Odyssey starting batteries, E/z loader custom trailer w/tuff coat…”

CaptainMusky

“$43,500.00 You get a 1890 Tournament, Mercury 90 Command Thrust w/Mercury in the handle steering, cover, snap carpet,80# vantage, and 2 MK220PC chargers, 2 Odyssey starting batteries, E/z loader custom trailer w/tuff coat…”

Confused as to why you would need two MK220 chargers and you certainly could save yourself some coin by going with a different battery choice, BUT, I get it. Was the Lund equipped the same? Just curious is all. Many people get prices and say X is way more than Y when they didn’t have them equipped the same in the first place.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

To be honest I am not sure if the Lund is equally equipped. I also just got another quote on the Lund boat/motor/trailer that was 3K lower than the previous bid from another dealer so these things seem to be all over the board. I am not ‘pulling the trigger’ on my new boat until the Boat Show but am just starting to get an idea on what I want and the 1875 Tiller seems to be the perfect fit as to what I want on a boat…RR

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I fish big water a lot and I don’t let wind stop me from fishing. I have saved more than $13,000 on chiropractor visits since upgrading to the Warrior. I am exaggerating of course, but my point is, if you want to fish big water in rough seas the extra money to go to a boat made for rough water will be money well spent. Believe me I had 3 “tin boats” before the Warrior and I know the difference. Just my 2 cents

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

<DIV class=d4p-bbt-quote-title>roosterrouster wrote:</DIV>
    <P>“$43,500.00 You get a 1890 Tournament, Mercury 90 Command Thrust w/Mercury in the handle steering, cover, snap carpet,80# vantage, and 2 MK220PC chargers, 2 Odyssey starting batteries, E/z loader custom trailer w/tuff coat…” </P>

<P>Confused as to why you would need two MK220 chargers and you certainly could save yourself some coin by going with a different battery choice, BUT, I get it. Was the Lund equipped the same? Just curious is all. Many people get prices and say X is way more than Y when they didn’t have them equipped the same in the first place.</P>

My dads came with two chargers because his has 4 batteries two in the back and two in the front. I honestly dont know why there are two in the back. guessing one to run just as a starting battery and the other to run the power steering and electronics. and the two up front run the motor guide.

CaptainMusky

My dads came with two chargers because his has 4 batteries two in the back and two in the front. I honestly dont know why there are two in the back. guessing one to run just as a starting battery and the other to run the power steering and electronics. and the two up front run the motor guide.

This would make sense, but since I noticed only 2 batteries listed in the previous post it didn’t make sense for two chargers. With 4 batteries it certainly would.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

wow that is a spendy boat! i thought they would be in the 20-30k range but again i am not too familiar with warrior boats. i watched a few videos after reading this post and it seems a very nice boat. I’ll stick with my alumacraft until the kids get old and maybe then i can afford a nicer boat. Congrats on the purchase Paul i hope you like it!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Yeah spendy. But new aluminum Lund pro guides are $30k.

pale ryder
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

<DIV class=d4p-bbt-quote-title>roosterrouster wrote:</DIV>
    <P>“$43,500.00 You get a 1890 Tournament, Mercury 90 Command Thrust w/Mercury in the handle steering, cover, snap carpet,80# vantage, and 2 MK220PC chargers, 2 Odyssey starting batteries, E/z loader custom trailer w/tuff coat…” </P>

<P>Confused as to why you would need two MK220 chargers and you certainly could save yourself some coin by going with a different battery choice, BUT, I get it. Was the Lund equipped the same? Just curious is all. Many people get prices and say X is way more than Y when they didn’t have them equipped the same in the first place.</P>

There are 2 rear batteries because Mercury bought Merten’s Engine steer and instead of leaving a near perfect power steering system alone they changed it into a power hog that needs 2 batteries, because the Mercs use more electricity than their alternator produces.

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Can’t wait to see the boat Paul!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.