This week's show go to salmon

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Hey I loved the show about the coho salmon. You got some nice fish but I almost got mad at you guys lol. I can’t believe you didn’t fish the prop wash with a shad rap. I find that some times the prop line out produces others. Now you guys were not lacking in the fish numbers or size for lake superior however if you get out to try this again stick a deeper diving small crank like a shad rap or scatter shad rap put it 15 to 30 feet back directly behind the kicker motor or big motor and hang on tight. But really loved the show like always and glad to see some different species. Keep it up James and the crew

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Allan

I will readily admit my knowledge base related to fishing coho salmon is basically non-existent / zilch. I will definitely give the Shad rap in the propwash thing a try next time out. And thanks for the suggestion. As for us trying new species, we’re always listening to feedback here on IDO. We might not respond in the forums but trust me, we are listening!

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

You guys still did put the smackdown on those fish that’s for sure. The prop wash can be a good spot to catch kings to. I have fished it the wash over 80 feet with success. The only thing I will say is deeper diving cranks seem to hold up better in the wash. Some lures wash out and won’t hold there pattern. I have found the shad raps work well and most other deep diving cranks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.