• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Any experience with this? Good or bad?

Attachments:
    1. call.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I believe Kooty has one.

My impression from seeing them in stores is that they are BIG. I, personally, would not want one just for this reason. I’m packing everything I need to call anywhere from 200 yards to a mile or more. Rifle, pack, seat, caller, I have to be able to hump it all in.

So bulk and weight are an issue for me and a caller that big would be hard to handle and pack. Compared to the FoxPro callers general shape, the whole legs and speakers arrangement of the Alpha Dog makes them kind of awkward.

From a functional standpoint, I’ve heard good things about them. The central issue that came up was that at regular SRP, they are the same price as some FoxPro callers so the question was, do you go with the proven #1 or…

But at that price, if the size works for you, it’s very attractive.

Grouse

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Thanks Grouse, the majority of the time I have short walks into my set ups and this would tie off on my pack nicely. I do appreciate you pointing that out though. The rest of the time I will be using this for snow goose hunting where we drive right to the location and unload our gear. I like this one because of the volume capacity… and the price of course.

My uncle and his brother call quite a bit and his brother sold his fox pro for this… They are now back to foxpro because if the poor quality of this product not very loud and the sounds were terrible is what they both said

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

If the price in the photo is what it costs or the deal you found, I personally would jump at it. If its a bust you spent no more than the cost of the entry level FoxPro wildfire/spitfires, and if it turns out to be a solid unit, which in my opinion Primos is based on their foundation in the call industry, then you got one of the high end units out there for a great price.

Of course this is all my opinion and how I would look at this situation, seeing as I just got into the electronic call world.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.