Things that stir my soul.

• Iowaboy1

The week prior to Sparkles and I heading to the Bemidji area was a very tough one, Trying to get ready for the long trip up to da great nort woods and anything that could go wrong did.
    From stuff on our own truck to customers showing up with problems that are so far out of the realm of reality you have to wonder, How much more stupid can this week get??
    On our own truck,, good grief !!! after being started at least twenty times a day for the last three years I thought it would be a good idea to replace the starter,,,, and after removing it and inspecting it, I just about pushed it too far.
    A brand I have never once had problems with was my first choice and guess what??? yep, junk, right out of the box, and I had to order a different brand to have one the same day and it worked thankfully.

I changed the trans filter and oil, checked the entire drivetrain over, replaced the impeller in our own outboard, three new tires on the trailer, checked the bearings that were new a year ago.
    Serviced the lower unit, I did everything I ram down your throats so that we would have a trouble free trip, which we did praise the Lord!!

The week and the work load just about caused me to abort the trip and stay home as it was forecasted to be blazing hot near Bemidji the first two days here, 97 yesterday and 94 today with tornado warnings this evening.
    And, I have worked lined up clean into August, but my mind and body needed a break, and I didnt realize how bad until the storm cleared tonight, and I was reminded, why I drive this far, to where my soul calls home.
    The pics absolutely dont serve the reality of the day at all, you would have had to be here to appreciate it.
    I dont care if I catch a dern thing, thats just a bonus, my soul needed to connect with nature at its finest.

Just like my first time here 38 years ago, I have to ask myself, did I do enough to deserve what I am seeing?
    Sure, sunrises have their place as that is the beginning of the day, but sunsets,, natures paycheck in a sense is where its at, can you look at it and believe that you accomplished enough? Did you honestly earn the end?? of the day that is?
    You cannot push the rewind button, it is up to you to and how you deal with that answer.
    Regardless of the answer,, you can always try harder tomorrow, and even then, the question is, did I???????

Attachments:
    1. KIMG1421-scaled.jpg

2. KIMG1423-scaled.jpg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Ya never get tired of the views, and ya never quit asking that question.
    Enjoy !!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I hope you and the wife are able to relax and enjoy the beauty of the lake for the week.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I know exactly how you feel Sheldon,enjoy.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I hope your trip goes with out a hitch. You and Sparkles work too hard not to take some time to enjoy it. Share some more of those great pictures and catch some fish. A good cast is like a good whiskey – it’s smooth and hits the spot. Go Zander Krieger.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Great pictures. Enjoy your vacation. waytogo

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Hearing that was a pretty strong storm last night. Hope the rest of your trip goes well!

-J.

stevenoak

Sunrise picture from cabin window last month. Would have gone outside to take the picture. But would have required a blood trans fusion.
    I can relate to so many of your stories. I ran a 1 to 4 man Body-what do ya need done shop. We repaired huge quarry trucks to restoring antique metal toys.
    Opened it when I was 18 till I quit in my early 60’s. Nothing like planning a few days off, to make things fall from the sky and roses turn to dog turds. Lots of 18 hour days, and delayed departures.

Attachments:
    1. Resized_20220527_0529028649.jpeg

Umy
    South Metro

Looking forward to casting some lines with you tomorrow at Big Lake. Getting tired of fishing by myself locally!!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Don’t ever feel guilty for enjoying yourself. EVER!

Now post some pics of dem bullheads. waytogo

BigWerm
    SW Metro

All that work isn’t going anywhere, but your time is. What’s the point of working as hard as you do, if you can’t unwind a little? And there’s no better place to unwind that I’ve found than right where you are! Have a great trip!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

You earned it for sure if any of us have Sheldon enjoy bud.

Iowaboy1

Things that stir my soul, old friendships renewed, memories brought up again and again.
    And I still bow my head at sunset to this day, and I will always wonder, did I do enough to see it??

Iowaboy1

Especially this year as many of you know my darling wife Sheryl had a very nasty heart attack and thank God she is still here!!
    I am at the age I am facing the winter of my life and each day becomes more precious, as I stated above, old friendships renewed, the memories, places on any lake I have fished in my years that I can take you to and tell you exactly where and what I caught and what the weather was like that day.

Guys and gals, let the world spin on, quit arguing with one another, there is a plan that cannot be changed for this world whether you want to believe it or not.
    what is important is this, most of us here have a common bond, the outdoors, if you cannot be refreshed in it in any season you have a problem.
    Watching bird dogs work, a bobber going down, whether its your own, your buddies, a childs first time, each time is a memory, dont forget it.
    These things among others, your first deer, your sons or daughters first deer, pheasant,grouse, treed coon,, I can show you sections and miles of trails our dogs covered in one night after a danged old racoon and I relished each and every chase.

How about you?? did you grow up with family who hunted or fished?? what did you learn and more importantly, what did you teach to pass it on??
    And I must question, did it matter who was in office at the time??, for some reason to many of us these days, the world has become the spotlight of our focus.
    I say, F that!! let the world spin, the sun will come up tomorrow and it will go down tomorrow evening as it has done for billions of years and it did not, nor will it ever need man to influence its timing, look around the world and the many places the spring equinox has been recorded, the suns timing is perfect and still shows up in the same places year after year.

IF, IF I could, I would do my best to lead you away from this worlds ways as it is a trap if you let it be, look at the last six months since I have been away from here, all of you still argue about things that in some context are important where we are headed as a country, but too many here are so blind to their parties ambitions that we have lost sight of the ball.

Right, left, in the middle, extreme right, extreme left, does it really matter??
    Lets just focus on a few things that do matter, keeping this country on the right track so that it will continue to be the super power of super powers, teach your children right from wrong regardless of whats being taught, how to fish, how to hunt, how to stand up for the weak, open doors for the elderly and feeble, and how to be a good neighbor, lead by example, and if someone offends you, talk it out in a civil matter.

I could say so much more but I dont want to overload anyone.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Sheldon

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Right, left, in the middle, extreme right, extreme left, does it really matter??
    Lets just focus on a few things that do matter, keeping this country on the right track so that it will continue to be the super power of super powers, teach your children right from wrong regardless of whats being taught, how to fish, how to hunt, how to stand up for the weak, open doors for the elderly and feeble, and how to be a good neighbor, lead by example, and if someone offends you, talk it out in a civil matter.

I could say so much more but I dont want to overload anyone.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Sheldon

So true Sheldon. You are a wise man and I am glad to see we have talked you into coming back.

Umy
    South Metro

I just prefer to visit him in person.
    Website’s a pain the -ss.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.