Thermacell Patio Defense

• jake47
    WI

Has anyone had success with this product, or any similar? Looking to pick up one as a xmas gift for my parents. My mom does not like to sit out at the fire in the Northwoods when the skeeters are bad. I have the handheld and won’t go into the woods without it when it is warm out, but wondering how effective the larger units are. Thanks!

Thermacell Patio Defense

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I apologize for not reviewing the model you are asking about but I bought a thermocell last summer due to the overwhelming reviews and couldn’t be more dissatisfied. It doesn’t work at all at my house. I looked at those and can say I won’t be buying one.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Love my Therocell. Works as advertised. I’m sure the patio version work just a good.

-J.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I bought a Thermocell Halo Patio Shield last summer. I don’t know that it’s any more effective than their handhelds (which I also own), but I like it. It uses the same pads and butane cartridges, but it holds 4 butane cartridges, so you don’t have to replace as often. I like the light ring on the Halo because it makes it visible when you use it around the camp fire–less likely to kick it or forget about it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Love my Therocell. Works as advertised. I’m sure the patio version work just a good.

-J.

Bingo

Rick Janssen

I have had the small version of the ThermaCell for many years now. First saw one on a Boundary Waters trip when a young man bought one along and we all laughed at him saying it would not work on the bugs up there. Well after one day we were sold. YES, I still wear my head net on the portages as the ThermaCell is meant to be sitting to push the bugs away. It is NOT meant to carry with you and keep them away. I have bought two now as they have made improvements in the lighting system since the first ones were out. I have told many people about them and my nephew uses his in N MN for bear hunting. I am guessing if it works there it will work anywhere. I have not tried the patio version, but I think it would work well if used properly and it sounds like it would work great in your application.

grizzly
    nebraska

where you buying them

jake47
    WI

Thanks for all the feedback! Gonna go with it for them!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.