The Worst Day of My Life

• steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

Super sorry Sharon I truly am

Doug Sponseller
    Houghton Lake, Michigan

Sorry to hear about your loss. Remember the good times and the tough times. He will always be with you. Take care. Doug

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I must say that I’ve never personally met you or Billy, but through your posts I think that I know you as friends. I saying a prayer out loud, and sending the warmth of the Lord’s hand be upon you and the entire family.

Jensen

Our prayers and thoughts are with you and the family.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Sharon I know I’m so late responding, and sharing my thoughts. I literally just came down out of the mountains from elk hunting and learn to Billy’s passing.
    You have no idea how much I would like to give you a hug and tell you that everything will be okay. Obviously I can’t.

You can really learn and understand a lot from a person by seeing the details in their facial and body language. I have worked with people my entire life and that has been at the core a following my gut feeling. When I first met you, I was captivated by your smile. Every picture you have posted, seeing you in person, and sitting at BK’s picnic table talking politics with your old man…. I couldn’t help but always noticing how much you carried a smile on your face. I know for now that smile is gone. It’s there but we cannot see it.
    While driving back I had the opportunity to talk to your dad. Everything that he had to say about Billy truly confirmed my gut feeling. I know deep down inside Billy has contributed to your happiness. Through all the difficult times you have already endured, you have always felt the love, support, and encouragement you desire.
    Your dad stated what I thought to be an amazing statement about what Billy has been in all of your lives. Quote we have had many many years of great times and one really really really bad day and quote. What your dad has said is so true and also has so much meaning. Through your smile, and those little dimples that don’t allow you to hide your smile, I know Billy has given you so many great memories and shared so much in growing up together. Though Billy is gone, the countless experiences you’ve had together will always be there. No matter what, no matter how much you feel that you are at a loss, there will come a time when you begin to see and realize how much you have gained by having Billy in your life. Those incredible memories will be with you for the rest of your life.
    Sharon so much I wish I could take the pain away, give you a hug, and assure you that things will improve in time. Being a father of daughters creates a little soft spot in his heart to see a young lady in so much pain. You have been an asset to the Ido family, and I’m sure there’s a number of us old farts that can relate to you as one of our own daughters. Sharon I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope in time that you’re able to find peace in everything that you had gained, and not feel the daily burden of your loss. Dad has my number, if you are ever in need of another dad to give you advice, feel free to give me a call- anytime. Just wish we could take the pain away from you kiddo

Sharon
    SE Metro

I wish I knew the words, because “thank you” doesn’t seem to quite carry enough weight for the gratitude I feel when reading through so many beautiful pages of condolences, sorrow, and shared joy of those thankful for having had met Billy.

It’s been a whirlwind of a week and hopping on IDO had been very therapeutic for two reasons 1) seeing all these replies has just touched my heart and lifted my soul. I couldn’t be more thankful to belong to this wonderful IDO family. And 2) logging in and seening the usual posts – Twins, first ice photos, deer hunting, discussions about equipment and troubleshooting – it’s all a good reminder that life is going on. And even though my family and I are grieving and going through this horrible tragedy, there’s still happiness and joy in the world around us. As I look around myself these last several days, I’ve come to realize almost everyone has been through some kind of loss, and it’s important to realize that people heal, and in time, we will heal too. Thank you IDO.

munchy
    NULL

Glad to see you back Sharon. Hoping time and good memories heal all your hurt. And please don’t be afraid to ask for help no matter how trivial it may be.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

We are like a bunch of big brothers Sharon. When you hurt, we hurt. And like family, don’t be afraid to ask if you need something.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just a reminder that visitation for Billy is tonight.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20191115-102606_Facebook.jpg

CBMN
    North Metro

My condolences Sharon and family, as I have met Rootski on the river a few times but never met you but definitely appreciate your contributions to this site and wishing for the best for you in this difficult time.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

I wish I knew the words, because “thank you” doesn’t seem to quite carry enough weight for the gratitude I feel when reading through so many beautiful pages of condolences, sorrow, and shared joy of those thankful for having had met Billy.

Sharon:

Thanks for the thanks on behalf of all of us… Glad to see your head starting to raise up from the sorrow and the belief that there is good stuff going on around you. We all will keep you, Steve and your family in our thoughts and prayers as you navigate through your mending process. Chin up and keep on keepin’ on…

Mark

Sharon
    SE Metro

I just wanted to let you all know that Billy’s cause of death is noted as dilated cardiomyopathy, which is a disease of the heart muscle usually starting in your heart’s main pumping chamber (left ventricle). The ventricle stretches and dilates and can’t pump blood as well as a healthy heart can. Dilated cardiomyopathy might not cause any symptoms, and for some people it can be life-threatening. It’s a common cause of heart failure and can also contribute to irregular heartbeats, blood clots, or sudden death. The condition affects people of all ages, including infants and children, but is most common in men ages 20 to 50.

The cause of dilated cardiomyopathy often can’t be determined. However, numerous factors can cause the left ventricle to dilate and weaken, including: Diabetes; Obesity; High blood pressure; Alcohol abuse; Certain cancer medications; Infections; Exposure to toxins, such as lead, mercury and cobalt; and Arrhythmias.

While this news doesn’t really change anything, it’s comforting to know it was sudden, as he had no signs or symptoms directly related to this. And we can all be glad he didn’t suffer.

Ryan

Extremely sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.