The Sharrow MX Prop – The Future of Marine Engine Props?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

https://www.sharrowmarine.com/

Torodial Propellor Blade Design! Really cool technology here, but as with anything cutting edge, stupid expensive! The benefits can’t be argued though! Just need the economies of scale to come way down before I consider buying one…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I was about to call you a cheapskate till I saw the price. $5k?!?

Cool innovation, but that’s not even close to worth it at that price.

Ripjiggen

Imagine bumping a rock with that thing.

dirtywater

Sometimes when I’m feeling frisky I’ll just tape a stack of hundreds to my current prop and hammer that throttle down. I don’t see an increase in hole shot or top-end, it just feels good to show all the zebra mussels that shredding money doesn’t faze me.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

No thanks to this one. Fishing is becoming a rich mans show off sport

Iowaboy1

That thing looks like the worlds fastest tater peeler, cookie dough mixer, or can you imagine the mountain of bread that thing would knead ???

ThunderLund78

Pretty cool! If you boat a lot on big water, it would pay for itself fairly quickly. Could see it being popular with charter captains on big lakes and saltwater where they may make 50 mile runs out to wrecks on a daily basis.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That’s pretty cool. Clearly it must be marketed towards big water applications. $5k is nothing for added performance for a saltwater rig that is run daily or competitively.

This peasant won’t be running one on my fishing boat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

They are custom CNC made right now by one company, so they can set the price… once they expand to mass production, they won’t be much different price wise than other top of the line SS props…the improvements can’t be denied (30% fuel savings, quieter, etc)

The fact that they make one for a Yamaha F150 already is promising…

JoeMX1825
    MN

They are nice enough to provide a 1 year no questions asked damage warranty… so hit it early on )

Ripjiggen

Will they help with the cost of new lower unit too? whistling

tswoboda

So does this prop make underpowering a new boat OK?

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

No thanks to this one. Fishing is becoming a rich mans show off sport

This couldn’t be more true.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

I am amazed that someone finally figured out how to improve the efficiency of a standard prop by a significant amount. Your right, they are CNC machined out of a solid block of stainless however the fact that they are testing it on 150 – 300 hp engines tells me they are working on ways to do a cast model similar to today’s SS props. $5000 is a lot but if you figure for a charter it can save $10,000 in gas/year it’s a no brainer. For the average fisherman the price needs to be under $1000 plus the ability to make repairs easily. I think they’ll get there, maybe with some help from a big prop manufacturer like Solas or Michigan Wheel.

Ripjiggen

I just find it odd they claim all these things and it’s not until now this tech came out. I mean water propulsion has been studied for a long time now.

Beast

they have been out for several years now, they thought they were going to be the next big thing for bass boats, haven’t heard anything more since they were introduced.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

they have been out for several years now, they thought they were going to be the next big thing for bass boats, haven’t heard anything more since they were introduced.

That was my thought, these have been out for a few years at least.

Riverrat

There’s a youtuber trying to use this technology on drone propellor’s now too. I don’t think Sharrow is the only manufacturer though, these are on military watercraft as well, but I cant find more manufacturers listed.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.