The pickle factory

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

How do people like the new owner? We went there today with 13 people and he was a total jerk to my son in law! We left as I will not put up with a ahole business owner, we took the toon back to slipperys and had a great meal with friendly service and staff!! 13 people to me seems like a know brainer to keep on sight, drinks and lunch seems to be a nice chunk of change I would guess?? So to all the idoers how has it been for you guys? I will not go back there ever.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I can’t really weigh in. We go to the Garden Pub or the Harbor View when we’re up that way. It’s been a lot of years walking right by the Pickle Factory without going in…probably close to 10.

Ron F
    Rochester MN

Had lunch there twice in August but it was on a weekday and quiet. Seemed pretty much the same as it has been. We didn’t notice the owner.
    On our second visit we had first stopped at Slippery’s first but my wife is immunocompromised and needs to dine outdoors. They wouldn’t serve anyone outside that day, probably a staffing issue, so we ended up at the pickle again. Hard to beat the view from their deck.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

When did the new owner take over? I’ve stopped going there after multiple bad experiences. I had him run all the way down to the dock just to have him yell at me I cannot park that houseboat on his dock and how he owns the place! #1 A hole. Not hey what can I get you guys. Stopped in by car once and walked in and sat at bar for at least 5-10 minutes with them just walking around us and i finally asked if I could buy a beer and they said we closed 10 minutes ago… so dumb.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I haven’t been back to the Pickle since I was told about Kelly’s on the Lake in Lake City.
    Lot’s of docking and deep enough water for larger boats.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Scratch, did you call ahead for a party of 13?

I know most people don’t think about doing that, but it gives them a chance to prepare.

One would think that a place like that would always be ready for large parties, but in todays labor market, they just aren’t.

There’s no excuse for being rude to a (sober) customer.
    They did have a post on FB that said they were closed on Labor Day to give their employees some much needed rest after the long, hot weekend.

Being closed on Labor Day is not a good business decision so I’m guessing there was a help shortage that we keep hearing about all too often.

I think I would give them another chance.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Bk no call ahead we were prepared to wait, the owner said about a hour we were good with waiting but he was not user friendly, then when son in law put the pager on the table to leave he (owner) made a real smart azz comment which really upset us. We made calls in the past 3 years to lakeside dinning on p4 and all said no reservations, probably no 2nd chance! help or no help don’t be a azz to your patrons

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.