The one fish you haven’t caught but would like to

• Deuces

Waiting for mirror carp to migrate here.

Otherwise a big brown trout would be pretty sweet. Maybe it’s just that 2nd season of 39hrs that has me going for it too hah

Timmy

Flattie and white sturgeon.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

A blue sucker would be pretty bomb, too.

stjoeguy

Two for me:

Musky – I think I had one on at Lac Seul, saw it jump, but never landed it.
    &
    Sturgeon

It might be tough to catch them since I don’t fish for either one, but miracles happen!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Finally crossed lake trout off the list two years ago. Next one up is musky. Speaking of that, maybe summer heat is almost over and time to get the gear ready??

Cool list from all of you. By far I like the mermaid, without jaws, the best rotflol rotflol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I know a guide on the St Croix that guarantees Sturgeon! wink
    Fishing is best when the Crows cackle at sunset.

I got that one crossed off my list.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

It might be tough to catch them since I don’t fish for either one, but miracles happen!

LOL, my dad caught a nice musky while sucker fishing a few years ago. Crawler on the bottom is the ticket!

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Big ol’ paddlefish, Greenback walleye, Blue walleye, tiger trout, artic char, ocean run salmon, tarpon, marlin, so many fish to catch, so little time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stjoeguy wrote:</div>

LOL, my dad caught a nice musky while sucker fishing a few years ago. Crawler on the bottom is the ticket!

Thats awesome. I bet that was a heck of a surprise

buschman
    Pool 2

Otherwise a big brown trout would be pretty sweet. Maybe it’s just that 2nd season of 39hrs that has me going for it too hah

Beads, we have mirrors in P2. Not many but we do have them. The guys from Northwoods caught one on film. I have only caught one myself by seen a few others.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I have several different trip ideas and none are light on the pocket book. Many have already been mentioned: Arctic Char, Grayling, Atlantic Salmon and the Alaskan Salmons. There are a few wishful thinking exotics: Taimen, Golden Dorado and Tigerfish.

Mike

Lake trout is on the list, through the ice ideally. Got a rod and tackle for it last winter but just couldn’t make it happen. Hopefully this year.

Scratched the big Mille Lacs Walleye off the list last weekend, that was cool.

I’d like to get a Muskie, but I don’t think I’ll ever invest in the gear to really target them.

Otherwise, I’m happy just catching whatever is biting. I always make sure to bring panfish tackle. Some of the most fun I’ve had has been pitching little jigs and reeling in sunnies every cast.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

14 LB walleye. Haven’t caught it, but would like to.

State record lake sturgeon.

State record Flathead

100 LB Blue Cat

3 of those i tried and have failed. 4th i haven’t wet a line for yet.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Lake trout on hard and soft water and sturgeon on hard water.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I don’t really ever fish for Musky so I need to start thinking about how I accomplish that one.

I could help with that. Well at least take you out with all the gear you would need to do it.

Sharon, I will be happy to take you sturgeon fishing.

mojogunter

I caught two in the past two years on Pool 4. I had to ask what it was with the first one. grin

A blue sucker would be pretty bomb, too.

Attachments:
    1. Resized952020110795103903.jpg

2. 20200307_123120_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I caught two in the past two years on Pool 4. I had to ask what it was with the first one.

OMG, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing pics.

JEREMY
    BP

The state record isnt very big on them so pay attention. A friend of mine would have beat it a few years ago but by the time I told him what it was and he took it to dnr it had already shrunk just a bit to much. If i remember right it was like 13 or 14lbs. and he said they were surprised to see it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Big ol’ paddlefish

That’s a new response and a good one.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

What kind of carp/sucker is this? Caught it a few year ago on P2. It put a flicker shad almost all the way through my thumb thrashing around in the boat.

Attachments:
    1. A8D7146E-EF1F-4E46-87A9-A8E9D13F5EA8-scaled.jpeg

ThunderLund78

I believe you have one of the Buffalo species there, Matt, but someone can correct me if I’m wrong. All together different species than a carp or sucker.

And I’ve read those Blue Suckers are that best tasting sucker, but somewhat rare these days.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I believe you have one of the Buffalo species there, Matt, but someone can correct me if I’m wrong. All together different species than a carp or sucker.

And I’ve read those Blue Suckers are that best tasting sucker, but somewhat rare these days.

Well that makes sense. Sure put up a helluva fight.

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

Beads, we have mirrors in P2. Not many but we do have them. The guys from Northwoods caught one on film. I have only caught one myself by seen a few others.

Gonna have to get down there more. Things are beautiful.

3Rivers

I know a guide on the St Croix that guarantees Sturgeon! wink
    Fishing is best when the Crows cackle at sunset.

I got that one crossed off my list.

Guarantee? Blasphemy ;)

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    I don’t really ever fish for Musky so I need to start thinking about how I accomplish that one.

I could help with that. Well at least take you out with all the gear you would need to do it.

Sharon, I will be happy to take you sturgeon fishing.

Might take you up on that. If I start buying up musky gear my wife might change the locks!

basseyes

Zander.

Snook.

In that order.

tswoboda

Zander.

Snook.

In that order.

One of those is a lot more accessible than you probably realize.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.