• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I couldn’t live without one.

Other than blowing leaves and grass clippings I’ve found myself –
    1) Blowing pine needles off the roof
    2) Getting a campfire started
    3) Ridding the walks of a light snowfall
    4) Clearing sawdust off the job site
    5) When I leave the overhead garage door open It makes quick work of cleaning up
    6) Knocking wasps nests down
    7) Teasing my dogs. jester

Anything else I’m missing

munchy
    NULL

Keeping my flag from touching the truck bed

CBMN
    North Metro

I agree eelpout. I use my Milwaukee m18 blower all the time. In most small snowfalls I use mine to clear my entire suburban driveway as long as the snow isn’t wet and heavy. Occasionally I have used it to clear snow out of the boat when boating in the winter. I use mine regularly for cleaning out my gutters. Along with cleaning out garage floors it also works well for cleaning out cob webs along the ceiling or trusses.

Sparklesonthewater
    Grinnell, Ia

Iowaboy1 calls ours”my gas powered broom”, I use ours to clean the shop floors.

steve hughes

I’ve used mine to clean the floors in the grain bins

MikeV

I’ve used it to blow the water off a car or truck prior to towel drying after a wash. Gets most of the water out of the grill, wheels, side mirrors and other tight spots. Makes for a fast one towel drying of the vehicle.

Leo Dogg

Blowing the leaves, twigs, dust and grass clippings off and out of the riding lawnmower at the end of the job.

Giving a little boost to the charcoal when firing up. Can be a little/lot dusty if you’re too aggressive.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

-Push my son on the swing and bike when younger.
    -Blow up tube and air mattresses.
    -Blow sawdust out of rafters at shop.
    -Wear it backwards and sit on an office chair…

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Blow the filter off on the shop vac – works wonders.

finman

Blow the boys off when I give them haircuts on the deck

Cool off the undercarriage up my shorts leg!! waytogo

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

My 36v Makita is awesome for everything you mentioned, especially blowing debris off roofs. The big 4 stroke backpack can launch 8 tennis balls at a time, around 200 feet up for the kiddos to chase! 😁

tim hurley

Hate those loud things. If you can’t sweep it, rake it, shovel it, etc. move to a condo, why should 15 of your neighbors have to hear that thing! No offense Eel, just sayin’

Coletrain27

Hate those loud things. If you can’t sweep it, rake it, shovel it, etc. move to a condo, why should 15 of your neighbors have to hear that thing! No offense Eel, just sayin’

maybe its electric? ???

Iowaboy1

Hate those loud things. If you can’t sweep it, rake it, shovel it, etc. move to a condo, why should 15 of your neighbors have to hear that thing! No offense Eel, just sayin’[/quote

Wait until you see his supercharged small block chevy push mower!!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Pi$$ off the neighbors dog,take recyclables to the curb there is hundreds of uses for them.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I ain’t really got no close neighbors at home or the cabin.
    Besides I don’t complain to the farmers across the road when they’re combining at 3 in the morning.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

-save $ on baby wipes for diaper changes

-cut down on the wife’s “getting ready time” by 20 minutes skipping the blow dryer

-beard fluffing (yes it is a real thing)

-“raking” leaves from your yard into the neighbor’s yard versus picking them up

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I bought the biggest backpack blower Husqvarna makes this spring and cleared my yard of leaves in like 2 hours instead of 2 8hr days. Drys the boat off nicely and blasts out any sand inside. Cleans the mower off, cleans me off after my fiance gives me a haircut, sweeps the garage floor quickly, cleans the driveway of lose gravel that gets tracked on by our vehicles, drys the truck after a bath.

Not gonna lie its fun for about the first 15 mins running it. Put the ear muffs on and jam out to some music

ThunderLund78

I guess I’ve never been annoyed by my neighbor using his leaf blower for a few minutes – gas or electric. It’s not as loud as a lawnmower and those go on for hours sometimes– and I don’t mind that either. But I consider myself a DIY guy so if hear my neighbor using loud tools, I’m more curious than anything. It usually ends up in drinking a beer and talking smart about a project.

My 18V Ryobi leaf blower is one of my most used tools. I use it for leaves and gets used more than my broom for cleaning up. Basically I blow the garage out once a week or so, and it get’s a good “brooming” maybe once a month to get the stuff in the corners, etc. I can go from clearing the sawdust off my work bench and my floor without letting off the trigger. If I’m working with metal or there’s old nails involved etc. I will opt for the brushes and broom. I don’t want that stuff flying out my garage door and on to the driveway.

Deuces

Tool is quite useful in being the annoying dad.

asch
    Eastern Iowa

Controlling grass fire burns. A lot better than a scoop shovel.

LabDaddy1

I clean the gutters with it

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Less uses than a Sears shop vac according to the comics jester jester jester !

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Amazing for cleaning gutters. Sweeps garage floor.

Once in a long while I even blow leaves with it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

7) Teasing my dogs

I use it to tease the FW. Works quite well (most of the time)

We dumped the gas powered blowers years ago. Bought a corded electric as the FW uses it most of the time. She didn’t like filling the gas and starting gas ones. Couple years ago, I unplugged her with a new shiney rechargeable blower. No heavy cords to pull around our 80′ of driveway. She loves it.

No, it’s not as powerful as the gas or corded electric but it serves it’s purpose and then some.

finman

Tool is quite useful in being the annoying dad.

I see what you did there- love it!! peace peace

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

clearing mayfly’s from the boat!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

nothing more annoying than someone using that whiny leaf blower. I guess I would rather listen to a lawnmower for an hour vs. a leaf blower for 5 minutes. this is the main reason I have not gotten one yet. I like using my pressure washer for blowing leaves. gets them slightly wet to keep the dust down.
    maybe some day I will cross over to the dark side? I am contemplating on a lithium drill for my auger but that is just to cut weight.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

There are some cool youtube vids out there with guys using them to power skateboards, go carts, kayaks, hovercrafts and more.

Worth its weight in gold for cleaning gutters! Cuts a hour long job down to 5 mins.

-J.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.