The dumbest thing another driver did.

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Yep. Weve seen the videos.

Actual accounts and those vidios be cool.
    Commuting to work on a hilly and curvy road.
    Got stuck behind a state trooper following a car closely that kept fluctuating from 45 mph to 55 for 3 miles. I kept my distance and not knowing the etiquette of passing.
    Then a guy behind me gets on my ass. Guess what, he passes me after a bit and gets on the troopers arse. After a bit he decides to pass the trooper and the other car. Well, when he passes the trooper and the other car happened to be at a bottom of hill with another hill going up with a no passing marking. Yep, he past in the no passing lane. The thing is at the top of that hill it dips down to another hill. Well, the interest of the trooper focused on the dumpoop passing him.
    I still laugh at this.

Iowaboy1

I dont know if I can compare to that but this what happened to me this morning on my way to work.
    I was rounding a very sharp curve when a lady in the other lane was hanging out of her window pointing at me and yelling, PIG!!!!!!!!!
    Well sir, I bent myself out of my window looking at her and yelled, BIATCH!!!!
    And wouldnt you know it, a split second later I T-boned a 400 pound boar.

Jason

roll ,
    Pics please!!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

roll ,
    Pics please!!

Ya well, I bet that ain’t happ’in. devil

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Saw a car a few weeks ago in the round about South of Cloquet going the wrong way, stopped, with his blinker on waiting to turn left to go north on 35.

Reef W

A long time ago a small pickup was weaving between lanes and cut it to close when cutting in front of the car in front of me. They clipped the car and PIT manuevered themselves right into the center barrier at about 70mph. The truck bounced off and started rolling down the highway sideways and eventually came to a stop with the truck bed broken off. Everyone else was stopped and starting to pull over when a shirtless guy crawled out of the cab of the truck and ran off into the woods.

Iowaboy1

Yep, it was a joke, was hoping it would make someone laugh.

It is amazing what you can see on the roads these days, passing on hills, in a curve, cyclist passing in between cars, etc.

Deuces

Saw a car a few weeks ago in the round about South of Cloquet going the wrong way, stopped, with his blinker on waiting to turn left to go north on 35.

My trust in drivers has me looking both ways at roundabouts

pbitschura

My mother was driving from Illinois to German Fest , at the Summerfest grounds in Milwaukee. I believe we were on the 100 and a down pour was in progress. Visibility went to near zero so she slammed on the brakes and came to a complete stop in the traffic lane. I covered my head and waited to die. Fortunately I am
    still here to tell about it.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I was riding with my girlfriend in high school going down 35. She was change lanes without looking. I told her she should always check before changing lanes. Her response was “I am going 10 over the speed limit, no one is there.” A couple of lane changes later she clipped the front end of a car, looked at me and said “shut up!”

Tom schmitt

Many years ago on 35E after a light snow, of about an inch, I watched a car run 2 other cars off the road.
    They were driving 3 wide. Because of the light snow cover the lane markings were covered and you could only see them when the tire tracks crossed them.
    As the road curved to the right the car in the left lane refused to leave the tire tracks and pushed both cars to their right into the ditch as the tire tracks crossed all 3 lanes.
    Not sure who was the dumbest. Left lane for refusing to drive on 1 inch of snow, or the other 2 for not backing off.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Was carefully following this car down Plato Blvd. managed to get this picture as he turned into a parking lot.

Attachments:
    1. FD4ABBFB-3256-4133-90A2-1F647175EE1B-scaled.jpg

picklerick
    Central WI

We were travelling up I55 in April about 1990 to do some smelt netting in Burnham Harbor. It was lightly raining. As we came around a bend there was a CPD cruiser right there on the side of the road, and everyone could tell it was a cop because of the brake lights on the roof. One guy slammed on his brakes and hydroplaned right next to the cop, did a 180, and slammed into the guardrail on the right shoulder about 100′ in front of the squad car. The cop put it in gear and blew right past the car facing the wrong way and got off at the next exit. Not sure what that was about but back then CPD didn’t have any jurisdiction on the interstate.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Was carefully following this car down Plato Blvd. managed to get this picture as he turned into a parking lot.

Those pallets are worth money. He is just earning some liquor money lol in the old work car.

deertracker

As long as the Buick driver shook the strap and said, “that ain’t going anywhere”, they are good.
    DT

Umy
    South Metro

Yeah, Just headed through the double roundabout in Mankato this morning. THe kid in front of me made a left and made it all the way around……..

ThunderLund78

Not totally on-topic but you know those times where you say “There’s never a cop around when you need one”? I was driving south on HWY 13 between Prior Lake and New Prague and there was a guy tail-gaiting me. Nothing too bad but following closer than he should – it’s a busy two lane road and hard to pass. A Scott Co Sheriff passes us going northbound; I myself was probably going a little fast. I looked in my mirror, saw the Sheriff car hang a u-ey and hit the cherries. I figured I was getting pulled over for speeding. Sure enough he worked his way between me and the car behind me. But as I pulled on to the shoulder, he stayed in the lane and kept slowing down, making the other guy slow down as well. He then reached out the window and gestured for the other guy to also pull over. So there we were – all three of us on the shoulder. After a minute the Sheriff gets out, walks up to me and say’s “Good afternoon… say just wondering, did you think that guy behind you was following you a little too close?” I said “Yeah, now that you mention it.” And the Sheriff said, “OK, that’s what I thought – I just wanted a second opinion and that’s why I pulled you both over – you’re free to go.” He then proceeded to walk back to the other guy and presumably wrote him a ticket. Best traffic stop EVER!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I can’t find a picture anymore but a friend’s son drove his pick-up off a “cliff” estimated by the deputy to be at least 30 feet high and landed upside down on a frozen lake. shock
    He walked away from it. shock shock

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m the stupid driver. I have issues going in the round about and not drifting it once or twice before exiting. My kids love when the hemi gets to scream

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve seen way too much in my lifetime so far. I’ve seen drunk drivers go airborne off the interstate, people cause accidents, and a lot of fatalities.

One that stands out that still gives me chills was a woman haulin arse on a county hwy. it was maybe 5 to ten below zero. She was a cousin le vehicles ahead of me as we entered super thick fog along a trout stream. I saw she attempted to pass another car in the fog. As I entered the fog I saw her car in the air with her mostly out of the windshield.
    Took a semi head on. She was about 30 years old – left a husband and a few kids. Assuming she was running late to work????? Naturally what that did to her family….and all of us that witnessed it

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Not totally on-topic but you know those times where you say “There’s never a cop around when you need one”? I was driving south on HWY 13 between Prior Lake and New Prague and there was a guy tail-gaiting me. Nothing too bad but following closer than he should – it’s a busy two lane road and hard to pass. A Scott Co Sheriff passes us going northbound; I myself was probably going a little fast. I looked in my mirror, saw the Sheriff car hang a u-ey and hit the cherries. I figured I was getting pulled over for speeding. Sure enough he worked his way between me and the car behind me. But as I pulled on to the shoulder, he stayed in the lane and kept slowing down, making the other guy slow down as well. He then reached out the window and gestured for the other guy to also pull over. So there we were – all three of us on the shoulder. After a minute the Sheriff gets out, walks up to me and say’s “Good afternoon… say just wondering, did you think that guy behind you was following you a little too close?” I said “Yeah, now that you mention it.” And the Sheriff said, “OK, that’s what I thought – I just wanted a second opinion and that’s why I pulled you both over – you’re free to go.” He then proceeded to walk back to the other guy and presumably wrote him a ticket. Best traffic stop EVER!

Nice!
    Wish some people would realize what a safe distance is. One never noes what the car ahead does or happens.

Same road, I had 3 Harleys following to close. Luckily I new they were there. When a doe and fawn popped in front of. I hit the breaks just enough for the deer an the Harleys not end up in the back of the sun. The passenger on one the Bikes drove her face into back of the driver real hard. Thats how hard the bikes had to hit their breaks. These were older riders that should know better.

Jimmy Jones

Last summer we were headed south on I35 and were coming up on the North Branch entry ramp. A guy on a low slung Harley was coming down the ramp following several vehicles when he all of a sudden gassed up and passed them. We had the inside lane and there was a full lane on the outside but that idiot flew between the highway traffic and the vehicles he just passed. He found a spot just ahead of us in the outside lane and was there for a minute, then he was tearing up the highway between the two lanes of traffic. The cars were moving 75-78 mph and he was passing them with ease…..right down the centerline. It wasn’t long before the traffic came to a stop. When the traffic began to inch along we came upon the bike in a pile and several vehicles stopped in the inside lane with the bike, a pair of shoes and the idiot driver who was sitting on the guard rail wires on the shoulder side talking on the phone. The idiot had no shirt, no helmet, no glasses, when he entered the highway. On the guard railing he had no shoes on. He has the wildest road rash I have ever seen on a body and he most likely has some scars where some of his tats got scraped off his hide. Apparently , judging by the damage we say of three cars he caromed off of them while flying the centerline and lost it. He apparently had sense to lay the bike down but how he stayed out from under cars is beyond me. I often wondered what he was charged with or if he bought another bike. The idiot certainly should not be driving one.

deertracker

I can’t find a picture anymore but a friend’s son drove his pick-up off a “cliff” estimated by the deputy to be at least 30 feet high and landed upside down on a frozen lake. shock
    He walked away from it. shock shock

Was this in Alexandria? If so, he also cleared 30 yards of open water.
    DT

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The car commercial where the driver auto parks (self drives) the car snug in between 2 old 70’s era pickup trucks and walks away…. Me thinks there will be a few door dings to get fixed after that move. ???

PS – would have been a better commercial for this feature if they came out of the bar stuck in between two old pickups and auto drive the car out of the parking spot!

-J.

Umy
    South Metro

I couldn’t resist adding this. She was driving on it all along the freeway, up the ramp and down Cty. RD 42 – clueless

Attachments:
    1. Mattress-scaled.jpg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Was this in Alexandria? If so, he also cleared 30 yards of open water.

North Dakota

deertracker

Crazy. We had something very similar years ago in Alexandria. But he didn’t just walk away, more like a ran. rotflol
    DT

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Was heading home from work and was on Hwy. 13 in Burnsville just past 35W. Traffic was moving along well and all of the sudden brake lights all over the place. I hit the brakes and when I’m sure I’m going to stop in time to not hit the car ahead of me, I look in my rearview Mirror to see if the car behind me is going to stop without hitting me. All of the sudden I hear a loud crash Behind me. The car behind stopped in time to avoid hitting me, But the motorcycle behind him did not. As I’m looking in the Mirror I see the motorcycle driver clear the roof of the car behind me superman style. He just clips the hood of the car behind me and slams directly into the tailgate of my truck. The impact almost pushes my truck into the car ahead of me. Got out thinking he was probably dead. He tried to get up but then passed out. Everyone came running up to check on him. One guy said we need to get his helmet off and get him off the road. I said no don’t touch him. Everyone was crowding all around him. I asked everyone to back up. No one moved. I said what’s that liquid, It smells like gas, I think I can smell smoke – Everyone backed up real quick then. One of the people who stopped was a Trauma Nurse. After he was loaded in the ambulance she said to us standing there ” Its a good thing no one tried to remove his helmet or move him or he would have been hurt a lot worse as he had spinal cord damage ” I Looked over at the guy who wanted to remove his helmet and move him and just shook my head. Turns out he was a new Middle aged rider. Thankfully he had all the correct protective gear on at the time.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The car commercial where the driver auto parks (self drives) the car snug in between 2 old 70’s era pickup trucks and walks away…. Me thinks there will be a few door dings to get fixed after that move. ???

PS – would have been a better commercial for this feature if they came out of the bar stuck in between two old pickups and auto drive the car out of the parking spot!

-J.

Thought the same exact thing!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.