Non resident carry in MN

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Just wondering if any one knows if there is a way for a non resident to get a MN carry permit. I have an Iowa permit that is good for many states including WI,SD,NE,and Mo but not MN and of course not IL because they don’t allow concealed carry for anyone. IA recognizes MN permits but MN doesn’t recongnize IA permits. I have heard that you can take a class for a Utah cc permit and get that and MN will recognize it. Does anyone know about this?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Once you have taken the proper class, yes, Utah will work for Mn, then all you have to do is apply at any sheriff’s office in Mn. Doesn’t matter what county. You must apply in person.

Check out the online class I took if you ever get up to the Minneapolis Metro area, you could take the shooting portion.

Any other questions, let us know.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Thanks alot Kooty! I’ll check that out.

Don Hanson

If you take a class from an instructor that is certified by Utah, then you can apply for the Utah non-resident. Upon recieving the Utah permit, you then would be legal to carry in Minnesota.
    What Kooty is talking about, would be for getting a Minnesota non-resident permit.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Thnks. They have classes around here for the utah permit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.