Slipsinkers Deadly Force Question continued

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Preventing the use of deadly force.

I was thinking about your question on the way home slip…
    Your question focuses on the worst case, end result. I thought we should cover off on some of the things a person can do to prevent the scenerio posed from happening.

How do you prevent a random house break in? I haven’t a clue. How do I stop someone from walking in my unlocked back door at night? Lock it! My wife and daughter make fun of me because when I come in from outside, I’m in the habit of locking the door. Many times while they’re still outside.

The other piece that I’m just learning about is the power of a laser sighting system, that stops many people in there tracks without firing a shot.

As a poster above was talking about…”who wants to shoot another human”? What better way to say…stop, this is not a joke!

I’m certainly not an expert in this field, but it does make sense to me to do whatever I can to prevent a life altering…”bang”.

Quote:

• Responsible, armed citizens prevent violent crimes every day without a firing a single shot. You can never assume that being armed will prevent an attack, but the vivid red dot of a laser projects the threat of being fired upon better than anything else. Evidence from law enforcement and military users clearly shows that a subject is more likely to stand down when faced with a laser-equipped gun.

Although this link is a Crimson Trace Laser commercial, it have some very valuable info reguarding prevention of actually using a weapon in home defense.

Top Six ~ Click Here

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I don’t agree with the premise here. Sorry. If I’m in my own home and I know there is an intruder who has just broken in….. I’m unloading a clip into his A$$. I won’t give the creep even a moments notice by putting a red dot on him.

The training I have got on this topic is pretty clear.

Don’t draw your gun unless you intend to shoot it.
    Don’t shoot unless you are sure of your target.
    Don’t shoot to injure. Shoot to kill.

So, in a nutshell if you draw down on someone they should be dead within a few seconds. The red dot aint gunna change that in my mind.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I don’t agree with the premise here. Sorry. If I’m in my own home and I know there is an intruder who has just broken in….. I’m unloading a clip into his A$$. I won’t give the creep even a moments notice by putting a red dot on him.

The training I have got on this topic is pretty clear.

Don’t draw your gun unless you intend to shoot it.
    Don’t shoot unless you are sure of your target.
    Don’t shoot to injure. Shoot to kill.

So, in a nutshell if you draw down on someone they should be dead within a few seconds. The red dot aint gunna change that in my mind.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

But the red dot will keep you behind cover to avoid his shotgun blast.

Jon, this might not apply to you..

Our natural response in a life-threatening situation is to flee, or stand our ground and fight. If we’re forced to fight, our bodies respond automatically by pumping adrenaline for energy and narrowing our field of vision to focus the specific threat.

Fine muscle control needed to align the sights of a handgun becomes extremely difficult, if not impossible. Lasergrips compensate for this by enabling you to stay focused on the threat and accurately aim the gun without having to rely on fine motor skills.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

But the red dot will keep you behind cover to avoid his shotgun blast.

Jon, this might not apply to you..

Our natural response in a life-threatening situation is to flee, or stand our ground and fight. If we’re forced to fight, our bodies respond automatically by pumping adrenaline for energy and narrowing our field of vision to focus the specific threat.

Fine muscle control needed to align the sights of a handgun becomes extremely difficult, if not impossible. Lasergrips compensate for this by enabling you to stay focused on the threat and accurately aim the gun without having to rely on fine motor skills.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

In that first exapmle in the video, I keep my head down and unload a clip. One of those 14 rounds is going to connect or send one hell of a message.

I like my chances in that situation. Nuff said…..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

In that first exapmle in the video, I keep my head down and unload a clip. One of those 14 rounds is going to connect or send one hell of a message.

I like my chances in that situation. Nuff said…..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

One of those 14 rounds is going to connect or send one hell of a message.

Assuming one of the 14 round doesn’t connect because it’s being pointed not aimed…one of the messages would be….”wait I have to reload”?

Wouldn’t target ID and 100% acqusition put the shooter at a much better advantage? Personally I would prefer (in the first tip) that my first 4 rounds be screaming my message with the assurance that the intruder “feels the pain”…so to speak.

Many “what if’s” come up…I guess I just like to know where my bullet is going when I pull the trigger in nervous situations.

Remember these are trained police officers being referred to here…

Quote:

Lasergrips are helping address some of the major use-of-force issues facing law enforcement today, such as low hit-ratios in actual shootings, increased liability, threat de-escalation, and reduced training opportunities.

It’s a well-known fact that in actual gunfights, law enforcement officers only hit their targets about 20% of the time. This low hit ratio leads to more shots being fired and creates dangerous conditions. Officers using Crimson Trace Lasergrips are shooting more accurately. In fact, hit ratios are exceeding 90% in officer-involved shootings where Lasergrips are used. Fewer, more accurate shots means less liability for errant shots damaging property or worse, striking by-standers.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

One of those 14 rounds is going to connect or send one hell of a message.

Assuming one of the 14 round doesn’t connect because it’s being pointed not aimed…one of the messages would be….”wait I have to reload”?

Wouldn’t target ID and 100% acqusition put the shooter at a much better advantage? Personally I would prefer (in the first tip) that my first 4 rounds be screaming my message with the assurance that the intruder “feels the pain”…so to speak.

Many “what if’s” come up…I guess I just like to know where my bullet is going when I pull the trigger in nervous situations.

Remember these are trained police officers being referred to here…

Quote:

Lasergrips are helping address some of the major use-of-force issues facing law enforcement today, such as low hit-ratios in actual shootings, increased liability, threat de-escalation, and reduced training opportunities.

It’s a well-known fact that in actual gunfights, law enforcement officers only hit their targets about 20% of the time. This low hit ratio leads to more shots being fired and creates dangerous conditions. Officers using Crimson Trace Lasergrips are shooting more accurately. In fact, hit ratios are exceeding 90% in officer-involved shootings where Lasergrips are used. Fewer, more accurate shots means less liability for errant shots damaging property or worse, striking by-standers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.