MOSSBERG 935

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

hey guys I am a die hard remington man but interested in purchasing a new semi auto to use as well for 3 1/2s and read nothing but good things about the new mossberg 935 any you guys on here try them yet? Like I said been a deihard remington and been preched never buy a mossberg but its rated higher on most lists than the 1187 and half the price!!!! any info also gonna buy either a mossberg over under or the remington any info would be great guys thanks a ton!!

kris_brantner
    My river

i wouldnt if i were you. my gf has that model and it does nothing but jam up on her i swear to god everytime she shoots. could just be a bad gun but i dunno. it wont shoot 2 3/4 either, not enough power in the shells to cycle. i would have say stay away from the bergs. if you want a reiliable gun go with a benelli. you can find some of the older model m1 and the super black eagles for the price of the new mossberg

kris_brantner
    My river

i wouldnt if i were you. my gf has that model and it does nothing but jam up on her i swear to god everytime she shoots. could just be a bad gun but i dunno. it wont shoot 2 3/4 either, not enough power in the shells to cycle. i would have say stay away from the bergs. if you want a reiliable gun go with a benelli. you can find some of the older model m1 and the super black eagles for the price of the new mossberg

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Unless things changed dramatically with Mossberg, you get what you pay for. Aluminum upper receivers in some guns are flat out dangerous! I have a scar on my forehead to prove it. Their extractor bars and inner slides are not that robust. It is what it is. An inexpensive, lower quality gun. I have two. I have a 500 and an 835 Ultimag. I also have a Winchester Super X2 which is the last shotgun I will ever own. If it were me, I would spend the extra few bucks and go quality. I know guys with 1187’s that complain that they don’t shoot well in cold, or a little dirty. Th X2’s, SBE’s are rock solid.
    My $.03
    Tuck

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Unless things changed dramatically with Mossberg, you get what you pay for. Aluminum upper receivers in some guns are flat out dangerous! I have a scar on my forehead to prove it. Their extractor bars and inner slides are not that robust. It is what it is. An inexpensive, lower quality gun. I have two. I have a 500 and an 835 Ultimag. I also have a Winchester Super X2 which is the last shotgun I will ever own. If it were me, I would spend the extra few bucks and go quality. I know guys with 1187’s that complain that they don’t shoot well in cold, or a little dirty. Th X2’s, SBE’s are rock solid.
    My $.03
    Tuck

kris_brantner
    My river

also 9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for. they sell charles daly semi autos at wally world for 300 but i wouldnt reccomend buying those either. most people think the benellis are over priced, but ask the people that own one and most of them will say they are worth the money. also franchi makes a decent semi auto. i got a buddy that has one of those and really likes it. they are imported by benelli i believe but are a little cheeper.

kris_brantner
    My river

also 9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for. they sell charles daly semi autos at wally world for 300 but i wouldnt reccomend buying those either. most people think the benellis are over priced, but ask the people that own one and most of them will say they are worth the money. also franchi makes a decent semi auto. i got a buddy that has one of those and really likes it. they are imported by benelli i believe but are a little cheeper.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Mossberg has come a long ways, from where they used to be. If your looking for an over under, I would seriously check out CZ. I bought a CZ Redhead O/U in 12 gauge last fall and it is a beautifully put together gun, and points and shoots by itself. Gander can get them. I paid under $700 for mine. Click below. Good luck.

big g

CZ Redhead O/U

big_g
    Isle, MN

Mossberg has come a long ways, from where they used to be. If your looking for an over under, I would seriously check out CZ. I bought a CZ Redhead O/U in 12 gauge last fall and it is a beautifully put together gun, and points and shoots by itself. Gander can get them. I paid under $700 for mine. Click below. Good luck.

big g

CZ Redhead O/U

waterfowler99
    Midwest

in my opinion. over under- browning 525 field or citori

semi auto- browning gold or benelli sbeII

this is just my opinion. but i have owned a lot of fire arms, the first and only mossberg i ever owned was emptied and left by a tree in the woods after it went off w/ the safty on. that was a while ago

waterfowler99
    Midwest

in my opinion. over under- browning 525 field or citori

semi auto- browning gold or benelli sbeII

this is just my opinion. but i have owned a lot of fire arms, the first and only mossberg i ever owned was emptied and left by a tree in the woods after it went off w/ the safty on. that was a while ago

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

ya thats kinda my opinion on mossbergs but was not to worried witht he jamming situation at all cause I will shoot through it is 31/2 and 3 inch magnums at ducks and geese so just dont know i guess….

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

ya thats kinda my opinion on mossbergs but was not to worried witht he jamming situation at all cause I will shoot through it is 31/2 and 3 inch magnums at ducks and geese so just dont know i guess….

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

FYI, since Browning bought Winchester, the Super X2 has the same action and operation as the Browning Gold. The only thing the X2 does not do is load direct from the mag like the gold.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

FYI, since Browning bought Winchester, the Super X2 has the same action and operation as the Browning Gold. The only thing the X2 does not do is load direct from the mag like the gold.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.