Terrova thrust question

• blank

Well, it makes me feel a bit better that it’s not just me then. I do really like the Terrova compared to the Power Drive – better spot lock and docks/loads way easier. Just seems odd that the low-end thrust/torque would be lower on the more ‘advanced’ unit.

Agreed, the stowing is so much easier. And the lift assist on the new Terrovas is so much nicer than those without the assist.

Maybe the “advanced” part is the finer speed at that low of settings? I’ve never tested it, but are the top speeds the same or similar?

shockers
    Rochester

Top speed seems pretty much the same to me – not that I’ve studied it in detail.

But to the other poster’s point…yes, get out there and fish is obviously the right choice.

shockers
    Rochester

Update:

I got an email response from Minnkota. They said there is indeed a lower speed etc on the Terrova compared to Powerdrive due to a software difference.

fishingchallenged

Maybe the “advanced” part is the finer speed at that low of settings? I’ve never tested it, but are the top speeds the same or similar?

I believe this is the key here. My Power Drive only had 10 settings (1-10) and new Terrova has 20 settings (.5 to 10) in half increments. There is more control with more settings and I don’t know that the spacing between settings is equal across all. There feels like more settings on the low end, giving better control at lower speeds.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Apples to oranges. You just need to retrain your brain to a new cause-effect scale. Just that simple. Now get out there and catch some fish.

Well said, at least I know it’s not just me imagining there are differences. I am very happy with this move from PD to Terrova, especially with the addition of iPilot.

hnd

i have an older terrova on a 17′ pro v. i too feel like the 80lb is just good enough. i feel like in current i’m running at 4 and 5 when i wish i was at 2-3. that said, i know that if i’m fishing current and have to keep the boat at 8+ for a long period of time the current is too fast for me fish it properly anyway.

and spot lock works great for any kind of current that requires my unit run from 3-7 constantly.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.