Terrova Question

Hey guys,

I just bought a used boat with a terrova I pilot. It currently has an older Lowrance with it, but I want to put a Helix 7 on it. My question is, since the terrova already has a DI transducer on it do I just buy a Helix head only? Or do I need to get the transducer too? First time boat owner, trying to learn all the ropes.

blank

Unless the Terrova is just a couple of years old, it doesn’t have a DI transducer, but rather the US2 which is just 2D sonar. So assuming that it’s just the US2, if you really wanted DI or SI then you’d need to attach one of those transducers to the motor.

To purchase a head unit only, you’ll likely be buying a used unit since I don’t believe they sell those brand new.

Personally, I’d probably just go with a standard 2D with GPS. If you’re looking to network it with another Humminbird unit, you’ll need one with networking capabilities (G1N, G2N, G3N, G4N).

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

Unless the Terrova is just a couple of years old, it doesn’t have a DI transducer, but rather the US2 which is just 2D sonar. So assuming that it’s just the US2, if you really wanted DI or SI then you’d need to attach one of those transducers to the motor.

To purchase a head unit only, you’ll likely be buying a used unit since I don’t believe they sell those brand new.

Personally, I’d probably just go with a standard 2D with GPS. If you’re looking to network it with another Humminbird unit, you’ll need one with networking capabilities (G1N, G2N, G3N, G4N).

Humminbird does sell just the head units on their website. They are the CHO units, but for the price difference (few hundred tops) I would get the whole package and have the MDI transducer.

blank

Hmm, I didn’t know that. Good to know. I suppose it makes some sense with multiple units sharing a transducer becoming more common.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.