Terrova issues – Need advice

• bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

So took the boat out for the first time on a local lake just to run it and make sure everything is in good working conditions everything was good till I started using the Terrova. I have a 4-5 year old Terrova 80#, 60″ with I-Pilot. The couple issues I have are:
    – Momentary / Constant doesn’t appear to work. I have the green light of the momentary on the foot pedal turned on it seems to work, but when I turn it off the light goes off, but everything keeps spinning. Its like the switch doesn’t control anything anymore. No matter what the pedal says, its always on constant.
    – Fired up the remote everything on the remote works, except for the speed control. When ever I try to adjust the speed on the remote I get a really quick triple beep coming from the trolling motor, haven’t heard this before.
    – Got a micro remote last year, but it must have “un-learned” itself and could figure out how to re-learn to the terrova, so if someone could give me a quick walk through on that.

That’s what I got going on – wondering if anyone on here would have any ideas, or if I need to take it somewhere for repair. Don’t really feel like dropping $2500 for a new one right this moment.

Thanks

Crappy Fisherman

Push the learn button on the trolling motor head and hit any button on the remote if I remember right. Check the battery on your remote, remove it reinstall and relearn it. Check your trolling motor batteries just to be sure it’s not them.

David Blais

X2 on r remote battery. If mine gets under 30% it has a mind of its own. Some times i need to unplug the trolling motor as well

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Batters are all good, switched the remote one out out a few days ago and the AGM’s are perfect. It seems some kind of issues with the Terrovas it self….Just wondering if any one else has had these issues, if not where is a good place that services Terrovas?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.