Terrova I pilot issue

• Jonesy

24v terrova I pilot. At the end of the day when using the keep heading function or the spot lock, after a few minutes the head would start turning right and it would keep turning until it wrapped its cord around itself and shut off. It does this everytime I use the autopilot or spotlock

Has anybody had this happen to them? And if so what was the fix?

B-man

Are you running the newest update?

It used to be a problem. Not so much anymore.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My buddies spot lock did that all the time. I think he updated the software or something and said it’s much better

Jonesy

It’s not the Bluetooth ipilot I don’t think you can update it.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Low battery does the same thing to mine

Jonesy

As in the actual trolling motor batteries? I’d have a hard time believing the batteries were low. Only fished for about 5 hours and was just dragging Jigs

Ron
    Victoria, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>aleb wrote:</div>

As in the actual trolling motor batteries? I’d have a hard time believing the batteries were low. Only fished for about 5 hours and was just dragging Jigs

Really? Did you check the battery voltage? After 5 hours dragging jigs yes, it certainly could be low voltage. Believe it.

Jonesy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jonesy wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>aleb wrote:</div>

Really? Did you check the battery voltage? After 5 hours dragging jigs yes, it certainly could be low voltage. Believe it.

I’ve gone 8+ hours trolling at 2.2-2.5 mph with it and still had 2 bars light up. If it’s a voltage issue it’s because one of the batteries is getting bad.but I will check it out.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I had this happen with mine when I first got it. The repair shop had a hard time pinpointing the issue as it happened randomly after using spot lock or the heading lock autopilot. It ended up requiring a new main control board. It was only able to be found after talking with the repair shop owner and he walked around the yard with the motor and batteries on a hand truck walking around the shop yard for hours before it went bonkers. Coincidentally it also generated a fault code that would flash on the remote screen when it started to happen and was nknown to anyone he talked to at Minn Kota at the time.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I was told by a local minnkota repair shop that replacing your deep cycle batteries solves a lot of problems. With that said, those older terrovas are notorious for behaving strangely and I’ve also been told the control board goes bad.

How well does your remote work? Do you have any issues with the signal?

Mine had both of those issues. I couldn’t get a good signal to the motor unless I was within 10’ and there was a clear view of the motor. If my dog got in the way it wouldn’t work.

I sold this pos before I fixed it.

Jonesy

Remote works and never any problem with the signal. Gonna start with the easy stuff first but I do believe it’s the control board

mojogunter

I had the same issues with mine, and I also fixed it by selling it.

I was told by a local minnkota repair shop that replacing your deep cycle batteries solves a lot of problems. With that said, those older terrovas are notorious for behaving strangely and I’ve also been told the control board goes bad.

How well does your remote work? Do you have any issues with the signal?

Mine had both of those issues. I couldn’t get a good signal to the motor unless I was within 10’ and there was a clear view of the motor. If my dog got in the way it wouldn’t work.

I sold this pos before I fixed it.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

If it is a I-pilot link version of the terrova,
    you can update the software.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.